PDA

View Full Version : williams decals

busterhymes
10-07-2009, 20:48
i need sizes and relevant info colours etc on the above, have a place near me that seems confident they can produce good replicas so any help would be handy once i get a sample i need advice on whether they are ok or need tweaking then if all works out then hopefully they can be offered for sale on WC site or direct from company what ever suits maybe a group buy if enough interest
ideally samples would be a great help but historically i think this maybe a problem as people have lent decals out and not had them returned so can anyone tell me what decals are still available from renault :) :)

katbloke
11-07-2009, 12:02
only the 2 wings and boot decal as far as i know, im sure the none of the willy 1s are available and none of the 2s or 3s

busterhymes
11-07-2009, 12:07
onto my local renault dealer to find out for definite, are the decals on the rear quarters different in size to the tailgate one ?, should the decals be infilled with blue or not or do they just use the body colour ?

katbloke
11-07-2009, 12:10
boot is smaller than wing, backin paper has alignment marks too, willy 2s and 3s have blue infils to their respective body colour

busterhymes
11-07-2009, 12:18
any info on sizes eg length/height really could do with samples :)

katbloke
11-07-2009, 12:23
sorry no can do on samples, after what happened to fatboy + the rarety of them mine wont leave the house/car body. Dimensions i might be able to help with

LEIGH-ANNE
11-07-2009, 12:35
Im intrested in helping out martin. We have a good printing shop near me. Ill pop in on monday and see what their thoughts are.

As martin said, any dimensions and actual pics of the real thing might help :D

busterhymes
11-07-2009, 13:14
sorted with getting them made just need help with getting the sizing colour correct and then samples for approval :)

MatrixGuy
11-07-2009, 13:36
awesome stuff

busterhymes
11-07-2009, 14:45
will be if i can get it sorted some more support from the more knowledgeable users on here would be helpful so i avoid mistakes :)

busterhymes
11-07-2009, 17:09
sorry no can do on samples, after what happened to fatboy + the rarety of them mine wont leave the house/car body. Dimensions i might be able to help with

understand the whole issue would you consider scanning what u have and emailing the images?, if not would really appreciate as much dimensional info off the ones u have so i can compare what measurements i have with your genuine ones at least then i could work out what if any differences there are as i am not certain if the ones i have are original renault

also anyone need absolute confirmation on which of the decals should be infilled with car colour seems that williams 2 and 3 are infilled 449 and 432 respectively what about the decals for the williams?

MatBrown
11-07-2009, 17:33
Original williams are just gold outlines.

Mat.

busterhymes
11-07-2009, 17:37
Original williams are just gold outlines.

Mat.

thx mat cleared that bit up :)

katbloke
11-07-2009, 18:04
unable to scan as that woul prob destroy the decal if you peel the decal off off of its backing paper, it peels front face first revelaing the back of the decal which is all gold, so another thing to bare in mind is that its blue on top of a gold background.

Wing Decal Info So far
Gold edge is approx 2mm wide all over, its a smidge under that where the 'a' come up against the 2nd 'i'

The decal is 160mm in length and 35mm high from the 'W' to the 'I', from the top left of the 'W' to the top right of the 2nd 'i' is 69mm approx, leaving 91mm for the 'ams' and the height of this section is approx 28mm

FATBOY
11-07-2009, 18:12
im not getting involved in this replicas business anymore! been bitten once already!!! i will believe it when i see it, if anyone can replicate a like for like copy!!!

katbloke
11-07-2009, 18:26
my opinion is that each decal needs drawing seperately until spot on. If you take a logo from online and make it fit into the above dimensions its miles off, also worth considering is the difference in widths of the lettering the first upright of the letter W looks like its 12mmx35mm whereas in fact the width at the bottom is less than the top making drawing difficult

busterhymes
11-07-2009, 19:48
im not getting involved in this replicas business anymore! been bitten once already!!! i will believe it when i see it, if anyone can replicate a like for like copy!!!

well worth a try, thx for the support :roll:

Yanoo_
11-07-2009, 20:39
any info on sizes eg length/height really could do with samples :)

Decals... again :D

The dimension of my Williams sticker set (this set already sold :) ) :

Rear quarter panel sticker:
http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/W_side_st.jpg

Boot sticker:
http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/kepek/W_boot_st.jpg

These dimensions were determined by me before making these copies. I measured them on my car.

I hope this can help you.