PDA

View Full Version : Wicked fun for 2 weeks.

Slam
09-07-2009, 23:52
Well i bought my first valver 2 weeks ago. Absolutely love the car and really fallen for it. Nice to be able to smoke people for a change. Done a few beemers and i kept nicely behind an alfa Brera or something. Was slowly gainin on him.

Anyways, wos just moochin along at about 40ish when all of a sudden. PANG A AN AN ANG.... Clutch straight to floor. Broken cable. After 2 weeks. But to be honest i rather it go now when i wos close to home and on a quitish road.

Just wonderin how hard it is to change em its comin tommorow. I aint doin it like i was just curious.

In about 2 weeks time its goin up to leeds to get all the arches and sills cut out and redone. Also gonna heighten the back so its level with the front.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow or something to show what it looks like now.

Nites

Coops
10-07-2009, 00:28
easy enought mate, just takes time is all

Slam
10-07-2009, 17:49
K matey i'll let mi dad know. Would be nice if i could do this stuff myself dont really know how i could learn. Apart from doin it myself.

Ah wells. Cheers for the info.

Slam

2 live
10-07-2009, 17:59
id recommend fitting a new pedal/ratchet assembly while ur there mate. once its done shud last a while, nowt worse than fixin summat only for summat else to happen in a couple weeks.

Slam
10-07-2009, 23:38
Already got the part mate the guy at mi local parts shop advised me on it. Thanks anyways. Infact i think the nipple has broke too at the same time the part that he told me about. Something on the clutch itself.
Cost me about 25 quid for the cable and other bit.

Slam

Wobba
11-07-2009, 00:10
Welcome to the world of DIY mechanics :)

Slam
11-07-2009, 00:14
If only it was a womans job (no offence honestly i cudnt resist)
I'll have a look in the haynes manual or somethin. Did the valvers and williams have different ones to the standard one point no chances?
Think they one of them lyin about somewhere.
Oh and i need a new rocker cover as the last owner forgot to screw it on properly and it melted on the exhaust or somethin. Tard.

Nites