PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel/starter motor question

cliokiz
07-07-2009, 16:59
Hi all,

I know there's a difference, in size and sound at least, between the Valver and the Williams starter motors.

Are the valver and williams flywheels the same? I believe they are.

Therefore.. essentially the valver and williams starter motors are interchangeable, (well, the valver won't fit the willy block, but the willy would fit the valver block). Correct me if i am wrong.

Next question..

I have a starter motor from a 1.2 ph3 clio in the garage. Looks slightly shorter than a valver starter but has the same mounting point. Whats the difference between this and say, a valver, or a williams starter? Are they not as strong? Not enough force to turn the larger engine? Or different amount of teeth?

I guess my question is.. would this starter work on a valver engine?

Winston
07-07-2009, 17:26
My guess is It would work and fits because its small its designed to turn a much smaller engine tho

So it will work but for how long i don't know... it would deffo do the job till you could find a williams starter

cliokiz
07-07-2009, 17:40
CBA to change the thing twice so i'll probably just source a willy or a valver starter (its for a valver engine)

I've no idea what starter is on it at the minute but it isn't a valver starter nor a willy starter. Isn't powerful enough to turn the engine properly though