PDA

View Full Version : scorpion exhausts

willy55
11-07-2005, 17:39
ne one got one of these or had one did it knock and also was the middle section only have one hanger

POWARTEK
11-07-2005, 18:00
Not sure about tthe scorpion but my mongoose rattles like a twat.

Winston
11-07-2005, 18:06
mine has knocked in the past.......only has one hanger on the middle section tho, hangs abit low, needs some more adjustment tho

I hate performance exhaust....such a slag to get them to fit good without ramps

scotte666
11-07-2005, 18:07
i have a scorpion has a hanger near the cat and another at the back where it joins the backbox mine dont rattle or knock though.but i spent along time fitting it and it took ages before it hung properly

Winston
11-07-2005, 18:13
:oops: ...mines a valver scorpion...doh!!!

willy55
11-07-2005, 18:18
demon tweeks must of sent a valver exhausts w***kers

richy
11-07-2005, 19:14
no problems with mine fits spot on ! :)

Lunner
11-07-2005, 19:47
Centre section on mine hung down and hit the road and knocked on the rear beam, eventually it wore a hoel int eh centre section, so i had a powerflow straight through centre, and they moved the backbax back, so now it doesn't rattle, but the tailpipe sticks out a little too much

summeh
12-07-2005, 00:02
scorpian backbox on mine rattles like a bastard when its warmed up on idle only. very annoying after a while tbh.

BRUN
12-07-2005, 00:19
ive got a Scorpion system and the centre section does hang low, they dont do a different Williams/Valver system, they are both the same part number

mine has NO hanger on the middle section as far as i know, wish it had, might be able to get somethin sorted

was bought a few months ago brand new

its been VERY hard to get it to fit properly without problems, the most common one being it causing the downpipe to hit the gearbox mount when turning right, now thats sorted its decided it wants to bang the underside of the car when i start up

Mattie
12-07-2005, 10:08
iv got a customised exhuast that was made from scratch by a lacal company called LTC, mine fits pretty tightly and only rattles every now n agen....

only fing is though ever since i ad it fitted its ****ed up my reverse gear :evil: never goas in2 reverse properly! sumtimes can take around 5 attempts! lol

just wondered if any1 else has ad similar problems 2 this as my m8s valver is also the same

David
12-07-2005, 14:07
Yup mines the same got scorpian system with decat and yes
1. hangs low in centre
2. arse hole to fit
3. Rattles like a pissing toy!!

No hanger in the middle of the car going to get one fitted as it really gets on my tits !!!

Does look nice and sounds awesome but only when it isnt shacking the shit out of its self !!!

BRUN
12-07-2005, 18:45
well ive now contacted Scorpion and they are willing to have a look at mine, ill email the bloke this thread

David
13-07-2005, 09:05
changed the spark plugs and HT leads last night :lol: at my mates garage so i whipped the car on the ramps to see if there was anything else i could do to sort it !!

The second to last hanger i tighten up using a couple of zip ties which just brought the rubber hanger up a litle therefore stopping alot of the banging

Also half way down at the start of the decat i put a metal clamp round the pipe and then zipped tied it two holes in the centre of the car lifting the centre section away from the floor

Now i know not the best things to be using are zip ties but i must say it hasnt knocked once yet even on start up
!!

Will take some pictures tonight to show you all the bit of bodgery but it has worked and there should be no reason for me to fix it again

Cannot tell you all how much better it is not to sound like a bad fitting Big Bore 4 on a 1.2 corsa :lol:

BRUN
15-07-2005, 14:18
pics would be brilliant mate

the garage has tried to make brackets on mine twice, they work perfectly for about a week but then they break

David
15-07-2005, 14:23
sister away in canada with digital camera at the min but will try ang get some on the forum asap

Regards David