PDA

View Full Version : front shocks

toddjnr
03-07-2009, 21:13
well i went to fit new shocks that i got through eurocar parts tonight,got evrything apart and put the new shocks back together,went to fit them and low and behold they wouldnt fit,where the bolts go through the hub the bolts just wouldnt line up,there was about 2mm off a difference between the old unit and the new one?????im stumped.will i have to get genuine ones or will i just need uprated ones for the williams??help me please before i break any more of my tools in anger :evil: :evil:

Justin..
03-07-2009, 21:52
you've probably got lower spec ones. you'll need williams specific items

cliokiz
03-07-2009, 22:35
Think the basic spec clio's use 52mm bolt spacing on the struts whereas valvers/williams shocks etc use 54mm bolt spacing (AFAIK).

So you've probably got yourself A) incorrect bolt spacing and B) non williams widetrack shocks.

if they did fit i think you'd have some mental camber, could be wrong...

toddjnr
03-07-2009, 23:03
they were supposedly 54mm ones i got but ive measured them and there only 52mm.i will phone them tomorrow and give them what for.

katbloke
04-07-2009, 10:32
cant beat reno for front shocks imo

toddjnr
04-07-2009, 17:33
phoned them today and suprise suprise they had sent me the wrong ones :evil: .phoned renault in inverness and they sorted mr a set of genuine ones for £80 delivered. :D hopefully i will be able to fit them without any throwing of tools and swearing this time. :lol: :lol:

katbloke
04-07-2009, 19:50
phoned them today and suprise suprise they had sent me the wrong ones :evil: .phoned renault in inverness and they sorted mr a set of genuine ones for £80 delivered. :D hopefully i will be able to fit them without any throwing of tools and swearing this time. :lol: :lol:

Lol, good price i need some rears soon

toddjnr
04-07-2009, 22:49

Lol, good price i need some rears soon
ive allready done them aswell. :lol: :lol:
£70 for the pair delivered from renault.

Matty86
04-07-2009, 23:27
what!?

when I was buying my widetrack, Renault were after like £60ish.. each.. + vat :(

toddjnr
10-07-2009, 08:53
well thats the new shocks,top mounts,strut top bearings and all new bolts fitted to the front of the car.got all that for the grand total of£140 delivered from renault. :D once id done it all i tracked the car aswell.im amazed at the difference in the handling of the car.it feels soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. :pompom: