PDA

View Full Version : AVO's gone again

Wobba
29-06-2009, 13:57
Seems like my left shock absorber has decided to throw out all its hydraulic fluid out of the top. Third time I've sent them back in about 6 months.

They rebuilt the right hand one a while back and that's fine. They reckon its a faulty batch of parts during the time of manufacture. Oh well, at least it will be done under warranty...just bloody typical!

Coops
29-06-2009, 15:36
richy has had as many issues as well it seems with the willy items on he=is

FAIL :(

Winston
29-06-2009, 17:35
FFS again :evil:

midge
29-06-2009, 17:58
i just got one back from being refurbed after just 200 miles, part off that was at brands hatch but still not good. it wasnt leaking but it was knocking, the 2 parts were moving side to side

richy
29-06-2009, 18:27
mine lasted 18month/7k odd before going and been done twice since, at the moment i cant be fudged sorting them as there out of warrenty aswell now!

Wobba
30-06-2009, 10:09
Well they've agreed they should have repaired it when I sent this one to them last time and it's part of a suspect faulty batch I think...not sure though! I've got quite a good raport with them and they've returned fixed items very quickly indeed. Not hard to refit either so I am not that fussed, most annoying bit is physically sending them.

richy
30-06-2009, 18:34
yeah turnaround has always been less then 5days from the day i posted mine so cant fault them on that

just right now i cant be arsed to pay out for it doing! not driving the car anyway at the moment!

2 live
30-06-2009, 18:44
weird.

iv never had 1 problem with mine in over 5 years.

i spose they could do with a service tho lol. theyv covered around 40k miles, only bit to fuk up really is the rear adjusters. but then, after the initial fukkin about adjusting em, i havent touched em really. they are now rusty and i wouldnt like to think i wanted to adjust em again cos they look fukt. lol

eternalife
01-07-2009, 17:03
LOL.

Wobba
01-07-2009, 23:46
LOL.

:D

Wobba
02-07-2009, 12:08
They completely replaced and rebuilt my other strut. I think they will do the same again. Off to send it to them at lunchtime!

vkosho
08-07-2009, 03:08
Thats bollocks!

How much do those things cost again?

schakal
08-07-2009, 11:56
Seems like my left shock absorber has decided to throw out all its hydraulic fluid out of the top.

http://www.volksdepot.co.uk/images/decals%20500%20pixels/no%20fat%20chicks.gif

Wobba
25-08-2009, 20:13
Seems like my left shock absorber has decided to throw out all its hydraulic fluid out of the top. Third time I've sent them back in about 6 months.

They rebuilt the right hand one a while back and that's fine. They reckon its a faulty batch of parts during the time of manufacture. Oh well, at least it will be done under warranty...just bloody typical!

GUESS WHAT!!!!

Zollo popped by earlier in his GTI6 as he saw the bonnet open on the Willy and thought he'd come say hi. Whilst having a chat about how well the car is running I spotted another blotch of grease on the newly repaired shock absorber.

IT'S LEAKING ALREADY!

Had the repaired one back about 4 weeks. 4th time it's needed a repair in about 8 months...

Justin..
25-08-2009, 20:15
:(

kenny
25-08-2009, 20:35
reject them Wobba, you'll know your consumer rights. A complete new set not compromised by the 'bad batch' or your money back.

kenny
25-08-2009, 20:36
reject them Wobba, you'll know your consumer rights. A complete new set not compromised by the 'bad batch' or your money back.

white16valver
25-08-2009, 20:48
+1 to that idea!

rob-legend
25-08-2009, 20:54
nightmare that matey :evil:

i've got that to wait for :roll:

midge
26-08-2009, 14:26
i got mine back with the same problem it left with, the 2 parts moving side to side from each other, its all fair and well them syaing thier repair them, but i have to keep removing them and refitting them and wwasting my money on postage

Wobba
26-08-2009, 18:15
i got mine back with the same problem it left with, the 2 parts moving side to side from each other, its all fair and well them syaing thier repair them, but i have to keep removing them and refitting them and wwasting my money on postage

Aye I've spent a fair bit on postage now :(

Not to mention the fact I'm moving home, looking after my mates place and his cat, looking after granny and being dumped in at the deep end at work as sole senior staff member in 2 weeks...gah! More hassle!

The other one they repaired has been good as gold for months, but this will be the third time I've sent this particular shock back in 8 months.

G33R7
26-08-2009, 18:28
and you guys still recommend these shocks to everyone on the forum? :shock:

2 live
26-08-2009, 18:54
out of the very limited no. of companies that make them for the williams.......they are still about the best in terms of value.

as above, iv had mine for about 5 years now. yeah they could do with a service, but theyv been a pretty much fit n forget item.

as with evrything...some examples are gd........some bad......some clios have rotten arches........does that mean they all have??

arj256
26-08-2009, 20:35

Well said.

Wobba
27-08-2009, 13:37

Well said.

Hi Adam!

I've liked these shocks, and the customer service is good too, but it is now grating on my nerves having to take them off and run odd shocks, send em off etc all these times.

Will consider going back to standard for a bit...

I'm on the lookout for the best deal on H&R's now though.

The AVO's have been uber on good roads. Driving a standard suspension car (summeh's) for a couple of weeks was quite an experience. When I came back to my car is was SO sensitive hehe. It just turns in instantly compared to normal.