PDA

View Full Version : Happyish chappyish

Slam
25-06-2009, 23:25
Well tonight i've bought a valver, phase 2 16v (i not too keen on the phase 1 trim). Very happy with the car overall i'll post some pics soon. I paid 1300 for the car and got a set of Belini 17" for free with it. Needs some work doing, arches and sills and a few other nigglies.
I already knew the driver window button was tempremental, so i'm driving home fiddling with the button and manage to get it down about 5 mil. When i gets home me n' big brother have a play see if we can get it working. Manage to get it down finally, but then cant get it up (same old story).
So i've had to bag n tape it up for the night. Its safe where it is though.
I also gonna higher the back end up a bit too looks a bit too much like a pug for my likin.
Just had to post something bout it. Wot you all think?

Nite all.

Justin..
25-06-2009, 23:33
sell the wheels and get some nice ones !

Slam
25-06-2009, 23:36
Was thinkin about it lol. The ones on the car need cleanin up like.
Errrr i got some 172 cups lol that i had on my 1 point no chance.
Dunno yet aint really in mood to think about it lol needa get sum sleep.

Al probably dream about it or sumthin.

Nite (for real this time)

Wobba
26-06-2009, 17:34
Scrapyard for driver 'leccy window button.

Those wheels are sold at K-Tec aren't they?

Personally I would never put 17" wheels on the car.

Get a project thread started!

summeh
26-06-2009, 22:13
Personally I think that 1300 is a bit pricey for a valver with arches and sills that need attention. You could have had a neat(ish) williams for that money - still in need of work though.

No idea on mileage though so could be a low mile car? does look tidy.

How much are the wheels worth? both sets.

Slam
27-06-2009, 01:00
The wheels i got with it are selling for £550 at halfords, never been used got no tyres on em. To be honest i wouldnt buy wheels from there i think it a bit chavvish wannabe gangster.
I not bothered about payin the money to fix it its not about that. I just love the way they drive.
95000 miles on it. I'll get someone who knows wot they doin to look under the bonnet cos i aint got a clue i just drive for the appreciation.

Gets to 60 quick enough though and the gearbox feels good n tight. Brakes need a bit of the old wirebrush and one rear caliper is stuck as its been stood for nearly 2 months.

Gonna keep the 172's i think for spares or if i fancy a change maybe. They need a good clean though and i gonna repair the kurb marks on em myself.
Last time i heard a good set sold for 350 quid. I actually saw my first 172 cup the other month. Looked exactly like my dear old crappy but stupidly fun clio.