PDA

View Full Version : God damn DVLA...........

alex_e3
19-06-2009, 16:13
:evil: General rant coming up..........

Rather pissed off to be honest. As some people know i got a request off my new insurance to change the engine size on the log book, as i've declared the megane bottom end.

Now the bloody problem is that I sent the log book off to the DVLA. I recieved a letter back saying that I had to get written proof of the engine change from a garage with the new engine number.

I'm really really pissed off - just phoned them up and they won't budge on that. The bloody engine's been changed eon's ago :evil:

Already had to rip the airbox off and become a contorsionist to see the engine plate.

Can anyone look at their log book for me please, and tell me if the engine number on the log book is the same as the one on the metal plate by the dip stick? The number i've got off the plate goes like this: C0048** - the 2 stars obviously being replaced with my number.

What part of this number is the engine number? Just the numbers?

Cheers,

Al

LEIGH-ANNE
19-06-2009, 16:33
My engine number starts C011***

Dont think the engine number will be on a plate on the chassis, mine didnt have one anyway

alex_e3
19-06-2009, 16:48
Sweet, cheers Leighanne!

Is that how it appears on your log book yeah?

LEIGH-ANNE
19-06-2009, 16:51
pm'd

alex_e3
19-06-2009, 16:56
Cheers for your help Leighanne!

All i've gotta do now is sweet talk a damn garage to write me a letter to state the car has the 2 litre done with that engine number.

Jesus christ, you could understand why they're asking for this if this was for a car worth more than 4 grand, but for a car worth what mine is it's just bloody pointless............

LEIGH-ANNE
19-06-2009, 17:05
Nevermind, hope it gets sorted! :D

And it was no bother, happy to help

Wobba
19-06-2009, 18:13
Cheers for your help Leighanne!

All i've gotta do now is sweet talk a damn garage to write me a letter to state the car has the 2 litre done with that engine number.

Jesus christ, you could understand why they're asking for this if this was for a car worth more than 4 grand, but for a car worth what mine is it's just bloody pointless............

There's some garage people here that may help. Tbh, they are a fookin joke asking all that crap.

alex_e3
19-06-2009, 18:33
Mate it's insane! If it were up to me i would've left the car registered as is was, but bloody adrian flux said i had to change it for them to insure me.

You reckon you know someone who could get a letter sorted for me mate?

number1
21-06-2009, 09:03
mines on the log book as a 1.8... but insured via flux as a hybrid with all mods, just tell em you had it bored and stroked ;) then await the dvla's response