PDA

View Full Version : my shiney head

Rich
09-07-2005, 14:03
as the valver conversion is just a week away and we still have the complete head to rebuils and the valves to clean and re-lap i'm gonna have one busy 4 days as of next thursday to re-build the engine and fit it! here is a quick piccy of my head after is was machine cleaned at a mates work! it looks brand spanking new!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/jonnyblaze/09-07-05_0955.jpg

richy
09-07-2005, 14:05
nice one mate :D

GazTwo
09-07-2005, 14:08
WOW.....Super Duper Clean..... 8)

Should be ready to get your name down for the Track Day :?: :wink:

BenR
09-07-2005, 16:30
get the seats recut first, dont just re-lap them in.

For the price of about £1.50 per valve you get a much better seat which will seal better and serve a longer life, transfer heat better. Plus it'll flow better if you get yourself a multi angle seat job. If you do get it cut, use only micro-fine lapping paste, and only lap for about 5 seconds per valve.....assuming the place which cut the seats is of any decent quality.

Lapping in valves is a big no no, it leaves a poor sealing surface and finish and generates a concave area on the face of the valve and valve seat.

Just so you get the biggest bang for your buck since its all apart......

FATBOY
09-07-2005, 18:05
saw the top[ic title and thought it sounded rude!!!! lol lookin good fella!

Rich
09-07-2005, 18:12
get the seats recut first, dont just re-lap them in.

For the price of about £1.50 per valve you get a much better seat which will seal better and serve a longer life, transfer heat better. Plus it'll flow better if you get yourself a multi angle seat job. If you do get it cut, use only micro-fine lapping paste, and only lap for about 5 seconds per valve.....assuming the place which cut the seats is of any decent quality.

Lapping in valves is a big no no, it leaves a poor sealing surface and finish and generates a concave area on the face of the valve and valve seat.

Just so you get the biggest bang for your buck since its all apart......

already on it captain ;) the valve place is good who are doing it! he's a mate who is more than competant and has been an engineer for years and runs and preps his own sprint car and he has that in bits over winter every year and runs it all season with no problems so i have every confidence in him! this is kinda a promo as well for his unofficial business called G&G motorsport ;)

Lunner
09-07-2005, 19:46
Depending on locatioin and price i'm looking t get a new head and get that properly sorted, as well as a bottem end, rough ideas on prices and location would be good fella

VIPERONE
09-07-2005, 20:19
gunner gibson motorsport?

Rich
09-07-2005, 21:34
Depending on locatioin and price i'm looking t get a new head and get that properly sorted, as well as a bottem end, rough ideas on prices and location would be good fella

well dependant on what you would like doing would depend on the price tbh when you have what you need and are wanting a quote i can pass you on a contact number so you can speak to him ;) he is located in lincoln btw :)