PDA

View Full Version : What Next?

Swervin_Mervin
22-02-2005, 11:41
I'm slowly going to get my valver as mint and original (externally) as poss over the next 12 months.

I've decided that 2L conversions and the like are a waste of my cash, just my opinion and my circumstances reallly. However, I'll be looking to change to something else just for a year or two.

Do I:

Go for a Xsara VTS and spend a few quid getting any work done and maybe a few small mods. I have mooted the idea of dropping the 6spd Rallye box in if it's do-able. This is the more expensive but refined option of the 2.

or

Spend about £2k less and pick up a ZX 16v and spend the £2k+ on really modding the beast. Not yet investigated what's possible with the MI16 engine they use but I imagine it's probably more tuneable than the later engines found in the Xsara/306.

Main reasons for changing are that I want something the next size up for various reasons, and that I want something that's truly unique.

LotuzClioWilliams
22-02-2005, 12:03
I'd go for a ZX 2.0 16v with leather interior. I'm beginning to like the looks of the car. 8)

Swervin_Mervin
22-02-2005, 12:20
I'm leaning at the mo to the Xsara but that may be because I've owned one and know I ike 'em. However I've always loved the subtle agression of the ZX 16v.

dannyt
22-02-2005, 12:33
I don't know that much about the xsara's to tell you the truth other than the rally ones look nice and go pretty quick in the WRC events!!! :wink:

Why are you spending money on doing things to your valver Mike, you might as well just sell up and then buy the motor that you want?

Danny

Swervin_Mervin
22-02-2005, 12:36
Just waiting 'til the loan I took out on it is paid off. Got just over 12 months left. I reckon I'll then be able to get at least what I paid for her (£1400)

Plus I really want rid of the sodding alloys on it for some turbines.

Swervin_Mervin
22-02-2005, 14:24
Potential Bargain Here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18174&item=4529849790&rd=1)

That's the kind of project that's tempting me. I might end up getting something along those lines and a cheapo AX to run about in while I do it up.[/url]