PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this seller and Williams 3

Benvk
07-06-2009, 22:29
Not sure where best to post this but I felt I should warn you guys if you ever see this one for sale.
I bid for and won a Willy 3 on ebay recently, reg number N744 HEU. The sellers name is Mike and his ebay ID is clarky_is_the_king.
I rang him a few days after the auction and he said, oh mate, give me a ring back later, I'm a bit busy. When I did, he'd turned his phone off. This went on for days. Finaly, I emailed him to ask why he was avoiding my calls and he replied "im not avoiding your calls matejust abit busy and im not too happy about the price and my partner was mentto pull it off before it ended you wont be able to pick car up as im having gear box put in it as i drove it for the 1st time and it whined in 5th if you are stll intrested please call me tomorrow at about 12 o'clock cheers"
Needless to say, I never called him back.
He's now put in a claim to ebay for a non paying bidder. :x
I've just noticed that he pulled the same stunt with another bidder on an Audi TT.
Just a heads up guys and hope no one else gets shafted.
Cheers
Ben

schakal
07-06-2009, 22:39
and who exactly are you ??

you sign up on here just to make us aware of something like this
without proof ? how do we know you are telling the truth ?

on the other hand ebay will ask your side of the story before they
will come to a conclusion ,so i suggest you make your voice heard there ?

LEIGH-ANNE
07-06-2009, 22:53
On the other hand schakal, who are u to say he may be lying?

There are a few people out there that do tell the truth and do do good deeds and go out of their way to help others....

Dont think this man here would have much reason why he would lie about something like this tbh...

Its a shame when people mess u around like that, ebay isnt a stranger to it.....unlike here also unfortunatly :evil:

Ben i hope that dont put u off buying a williams in the future....ur always have that memory when u went to buy one now which is a shame. You should have come here first tho, enthuisiasts who care about their willys :P lol

Laine_16v
07-06-2009, 23:09
Shutup shackal

schakal
07-06-2009, 23:18
On the other hand schakal, who are u to say he may be lying?

I NEVER SAID HE MAY BE , DO YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING
ANYONE TELLS YOU ?

There are a few people out there that do tell the truth and do do good deeds and go out of their way to help others....

DO YOU KNOW THIS GUY ??

Dont think this man here would have much reason why he would lie about something like this tbh...

WHY NOT ,PEOPLE DO ALL THE TIME .
HOW DO YOU KNOW HE IS A MAN ? DO YOU KNOW HIM BTW ??
EXACTLY !!!

Its a shame when people mess u around like that, ebay isnt a stranger to it.....unlike here also unfortunatly :evil:

Ben i hope that dont put u off buying a williams in the future....ur always have that memory when u went to buy one now which is a shame. You should have come here first tho, enthuisiasts who care about their willys :P lol

WHAT WOULD YOU DO TO HELP HIM IF HE CAME HERE FIRST ?
WARN HIM ABOUT DODGY SELLERS ON EBAY ?

^^^

MatBrown
07-06-2009, 23:41
Link to Ebay advert?

Mat.

Matty86
08-06-2009, 02:22
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160337596153

poorly presented :?

Benvk
08-06-2009, 02:44
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=160337596153

I understand why some would be be asking who is this guy with zero posts and trying to do a good turn. No offence taken. I know others will now say as well, what do you expect from a 1k Williams.

I'm not bothered either way. I've owned 2 valvers in the past, the last one was from ebay 7 years ago, it was dirt cheap but was best car I've ever owned until it failed the MOT on some welding a couple of months ago. It's now been brought back to life by a fellow member here. HYBRID_HAZ. There's not much I can't sort out myself on a clio but welding isn't one of them and garages take the piss when it comes to labour charges.
BTW Cheap doesn't mean bad and if you look at the auction, that was a decent car, no rust on the arches, decent wheels etc and I was surprised no one else bid on it. Ok, at the time the guy's feedback wasn't great but I thought I'd go and see it after the auction and pay the money if it was ok or walk away if it wasnt.

I've been hanging out on this forum for a while, learning and checking out the cars for sale so I thought I'd give something back for my first post. That's all. :roll:

Cheers
Ben

summeh
08-06-2009, 03:06
wheel bolt missing in last pic also.

summeh
08-06-2009, 03:08
the auction is a legally binding contract... so why did you decide not to go through with it? 1k is nice and cheap for that williams it didn't look to bad.

kenny
08-06-2009, 04:20
the auction is a legally binding contract... so why did you decide not to go through with it? 1k is nice and cheap for that williams it didn't look to bad.

The guy didn't get the chance to "not go through with it" he was messed about despite a winning bid, ebay isn't legally binding on either party especially if the goods are not 'as described' a legal term which gives a purchaser the right to reject a purchase if the goods are not as described.
I think the fella was just trying to do people on here a good turn.

schakal
08-06-2009, 15:30
Shutup shackal

cheap cider fuelled drink-typing ??
3 points and 6 weeks ban :spamsmile:

Laine_16v
08-06-2009, 15:43
Shutup shackal

No the blokes clearly trying to help / warn us of this bloke, and you immediatley come on here and start critisising everything about him!

Chill out dickwad!

schakal
08-06-2009, 15:58
Shutup shackal

No the blokes clearly trying to help / warn us of this bloke, and you immediatley come on here and start critisising everything about him!

Chill out dickwad!

its called constructive criticism ,something you would not be aware of
with the stinking attitude you got there matey .

sort out your alcohol/drug problems before you come
here giving advise tbh.

HYBRID_HAZ
08-06-2009, 17:41
Benvk is a top bloke. What happened to the plans for a Fiat Coupe? Did you get one and it has fallen apart already? lol

FATBOY
08-06-2009, 21:30
thanks for the warning ben....

schakal and laine!!! calm down FFS 8)

sheps
30-07-2009, 23:39
A slightly old topic i know, but its up for sale again...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270431610440&_trksid=p2759.l1259

Start of june..0 months mot.
End of july, 7 months mot.

:roll:

Benvk
02-08-2009, 08:51
Different seller this time but same starting price. No mention of the gearbox problem or it being replaced. Sounds well dodgy again. :roll: