PDA

View Full Version : are yellow headlights illegal?

rob-legend
07-06-2009, 21:40
as above? :?

ThRaXaIR
07-06-2009, 21:48
no my mate runs them on his golf.

schakal
07-06-2009, 22:28
yes they are ,uncle schakal passes mots with them for years 8)
http://www.motuk.co.uk/mcmanual_110.htm

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/partsrenault/PH2TURBO1.jpg

ThRaXaIR
07-06-2009, 22:45
that says if the headlight is fully yellow its allowed? no halfsie's! :D

schakal
07-06-2009, 23:08
that says if the headlight is fully yellow its allowed? no halfsie's! :D

a. a front position lamp shows a light other than WHITE to the front, or yellow if incorporated in a yellow headlamp

yeah yellow headlamps susrprisingly give yellow light :D
explain "fully yellow" ??

i meant YES they are LEGAL btw :P

sleeky
08-06-2009, 08:27
Used to run these on my other Clio, but the bloody MOT centre gave me an advisory for them which rather pissed me off, I even showed them the packet for the bulbs showing the e-pproval rating but they were having none of it, bastards!

Lee.

schakal
08-06-2009, 08:47
Used to run these on my other Clio, but the bloody MOT centre gave me an advisory for them which rather pissed me off, I even showed them the packet for the bulbs showing the e-pproval rating but they were having none of it, bastards!

Lee.

like you said its an "advisory" which wont fail an mot ,
even though they should not do that in the first place .

there are cars that came with yellow headlights ,fixed yellow hats
inside the headlights as standard .

GabrielKnight
15-06-2009, 20:54
Its a matter of taste, but can't see advantage of yellow lamps when modern technology is trying to make lamps less yellow and more blue.

Maybe if I had a mint condition Model T Ford oranything up to 50s, it would add to the appeal. But for my liking a normal white or if you can afford it without modding, a brighter, whiter light is just the ticket.

Each to their own tho....

MatrixGuy
15-06-2009, 22:33
Not so keen on yellow lights to be honest, you can't see jack when it's dark either, lol :lol:

summeh
16-06-2009, 00:47
something to do with yellow light being better for bad weather conditions?? fog etc??? seem to remember reading something about it years ago.

2 live
16-06-2009, 01:49
hmm.night driving glasses have yellow lenses......yes they do make such a thing ;)

same for mountain biking. my smiths shades have transferable lenses, yellow for poor visibility, clear for low light, dark for strong sun

schakal
16-06-2009, 08:18
they are supposed to break through fog better compared to
white light . apart from that it completes the retro french look for
me 8)