PDA

View Full Version : New ??? Front Suspension

cliorod
07-06-2009, 18:19
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/Cliorod/0014-1.jpg

Here is a picture of the latest suspension for the Rally Car :lol: :lol: ~~ As a put me on,until the Dynamic (remote reservoir) shockers are serviced (sorted) :wink: :wink: .

I bought the bodies and Bilstein inserts of someone on here ~~ apologies,but I forgot who ~~ a nice bloke from Wakefield :oops: :oops: .
Mick at "A frame" engineering sorted the new seals etc etc,but when he came to re~assemble them,he found 11.5" inch of travel on the insert,but the springs were only 9" ~~ :roll: :roll: ~~ result ~~ car would be ok on smooth Tarmac,but would become "colibound" on yumps etc etc ~~ on the likes of Mull.
Enter Proflex and (owner/distributor) Gordon Birtwhistle ~~~ 10.5" 250lbs springs and 1" spacers ~~~ job sorted.So we have Bilstein inserts,strut tubes ~~ ??? and Proflex springs and platforms.

The uprights,I had the main bodies powder coated red ~~ how did you guess,the wheel carriers,I machined out and fitted Grp "A" style splined long studs,the carriers were then plated,put back together with new OE Renault wheel bearings.
Struts could be for sale later this year
Rodders.
Ps,How much are pair of 9" springs in as new condition worth !!!

northy
11-06-2009, 20:50
very nice - new wheel bearings too ?

cliorod
11-06-2009, 22:40
Of course :wink: :lol: :lol: And Renault OE items as well. !!!! :lol: