PDA

View Full Version : Whats better Willy 1, 2 or 3???

hank3944
08-07-2005, 23:51
Hi guys,

As you can probably guess by the title of this post I am new to this clio williams thing I have been trawling through loads of histoy of the clio williams and the numbers and spec etc. I just basically want to know which one stands out from the others, Is it just down to personal opinion or is there any anvantage to having one rather than another!!. Is there any difference in chassis, susp setup or engine etc. Are they all the same apart from the 3 has elec s/r & mirrors & steering wheel stereo controls?. Is it just the first series that was limited and came with the limited edition plaque with the 1-400 number stamped in it or do you get that with all three series ? does the fact that the series one comes with the plaque limited edition number make them a lot rarer/desireable?

I know too many question!!!! But I would appreciate if you guys in the know could shed some opinions. as i want to endulge very soon!!!

cheers :?:

Allan
09-07-2005, 02:25
It all really depends on what you want from the williams, they are all similar in the fact they drive and handel similar

williams one obviously has the plaque, the two has a few more toys
and the three has loads more toys and its got its own colour !

basilcy your williams one is the ruffest of them all "most manly"
and the three has all the toys, so i guess its all an opinion on what you want out of the car !

In my personal opinion the 1's are for the collectors 2' for ragging about and the 3's are for the more refined old person crusing car :) ABS side impact bars and airbag ect

Jan
09-07-2005, 09:52
Williams 1 - original & best :wink: :D

byers
09-07-2005, 10:08
They are all good as long as you have williams on the back as far as i can see!! the williams 1 has lost its value when they decided to bring the other 2,3 out!!!

richy
09-07-2005, 10:11
there all as good as each other, when i was looking to buy a williams i looked at all 3 and chose the williams 3 only becuase it was the best conditon williams i could find at the time! would of had any, be nice to have a plaque but its still a clio lol no matter what

byers
09-07-2005, 10:13
is there any diffrence in performance on any?

GazTwo
09-07-2005, 10:19
I think for a lot of people it's down to just finding the best car u can find at the time as good condition ones are unfortunatly hard to come by. I think a lot of people started out looking for a perticular number and ended up with something different...I for one fancied a 3 for the sunroof and different colour but the first Williams I looked at was a 2 and was far to good a spec to turn down.

They all drive exactly the same the only difference is the 2 & 3 step up to Phase 2 and the 3 has ABS and a sunroof.

I wouldn't say one perticular number was the best as there the same car and just look for the best condition one u can find at the time otherwise u could be hunting for a long long time if u narrow it down to a 1, 2 or 3 and they all fetch the same money.

And yes only the Williams 1 comes with the plaque.

FAO Allan - If u lived up here in the NW and went for meets with 2 live u'd think the 1's where for ragging..... :D :wink:

richy
09-07-2005, 10:23
no difference in performance and handling, just as gaz says the 3's get abs and sunroof etc

i was at first looking for a williams 1 but ended up with a williams 3, i had looked at all 3 and mine was the best i could find at the time

FATBOY
09-07-2005, 11:19
Clio Williams 1 - Produced 1993/94 (L) - 390 Manufactured for the UK

Clio Williams 2 - Produced 1994/95 (M) - 482 Manufactured for the UK

Clio Williams 3 - Produced 1995/96 (N) - 308 Manufactured for the UK

well ive got a 3 so im gonna be biased! and say that the 3 is the best :D

hank3944
09-07-2005, 12:41
Strange that you would think that only having made 308 of the 3's that they would be more hard to come by/rarer and that they would come with a plaque!!! Also I spose I spose the fact that the 3's are two years newer than the 1's, in general the number 3 are going to be in better condition therefore you more likely to find a good condition 3 than a 1, I think thats what made me want a 3 in the first place.. Cheers lads :lol:

Mark_Ritchspeed
09-07-2005, 18:31
Nothing in it at all really. But dont buy a 3 just for its abs as its one of the lamest systems I have ever used on any car and is better of without it IMO.

Apart from that I would just get the best maintained and best condition example you can find and dont worry about the age or mileage too much.

VIPERONE
09-07-2005, 20:31
i am resurecting willy 3 30(9)

2 live
09-07-2005, 22:11
I think for a lot of people it's down to just finding the best car u can find at the time as good condition ones are unfortunatly hard to come by. I think a lot of people started out looking for a perticular number and ended up with something different...I for one fancied a 3 for the sunroof and different colour but the first Williams I looked at was a 2 and was far to good a spec to turn down.

They all drive exactly the same the only difference is the 2 & 3 step up to Phase 2 and the 3 has ABS and a sunroof.

I wouldn't say one perticular number was the best as there the same car and just look for the best condition one u can find at the time otherwise u could be hunting for a long long time if u narrow it down to a 1, 2 or 3 and they all fetch the same money.

And yes only the Williams 1 comes with the plaque.

FAO Allan - If u lived up here in the NW and went for meets with 2 live u'd think the 1's where for ragging..... :D :wink:

lol......they are all built for driving..ragging.racing, call it what you will.....but they were built to upset supposed better equiped, faster machinery. i just like to think im driving mine how the renaultsport boys ,who spent so much time coming up with such a good base, invisaged the drivers of the williams

:twisted:

Jamie.
09-07-2005, 22:14
1 or 3 IMO. id like a 1 for the plaque, 3 cos its newer. but IMHO there all the same! all quality fookin cars