PDA

View Full Version : Williams downpipe diameter

fab
29-05-2009, 13:00
Hi chaps.long time no see and hear for that matter!:-)
anyways still throwing money at the williams and really its insane but fook it I dont have any other habits, good or bad!
I am away from the car at the moment (1500 miles to be exact) so need your help on this one.

I got 1 of them blueflame systems and have to say I really enjoy the sounds it makes.

So to finely tune the guitar I ordered the de-cat with it. Problem is the bore on the decat that was shipped out is too small. It has a flange on it that just does not match up with the DP.

Nigel from blueflame has asked me to confirm that its 63.5mm tubing on the DP.
Can someone confirm the "inside" diameter of the Willy downpipe? Even the outside diameter that way give or take a couple of mm we will know if 63.5mm tubing should do it.

Thanks!

fab
11-04-2011, 14:25
Found this old post of mine going back almost 2 years now.
So what were you monkeys up to that you didnt reply?? :evil:

Go on throw a dog a bone and someone find out what the diameter of the downpipe is on a willy..

If you's dont I will come over there and bite your ass's at FCS and Donnington :P

cliokiz
11-04-2011, 14:57
I'll be removing my williams manifold and downpipe at the weekend, so i'll be able to get you some measurements then before I post it off to it's new owner.

fab
11-04-2011, 15:05
thanks kiz
:hug:

JamieG
11-04-2011, 18:38
I had same problem on mine as you know fab, I cut the flange on the downpipe off and had a but fit onto the downpipe.

fab
11-04-2011, 19:46
You gettin fireworks now Jamie? Did you go silenced in the end or just the pipe?

JamieG
11-04-2011, 22:10
I don't think im getting quite fireworks, but i am getting some stupidly loud pops from it.

I fitted the manifold i got from you, a straight decat and the mongoose all at once, it sounds much much better now.

My only issue is the lack of mountings between the manifold and rear section of exhaust on the mongoose - it just doesnt have any.

fab
11-04-2011, 22:18
I don't think im getting quite fireworks, but i am getting some stupidly loud pops from it.

I fitted the manifold i got from you, a straight decat and the mongoose all at once, it sounds much much better now.

My only issue is the lack of mountings between the manifold and rear section of exhaust on the mongoose - it just doesnt have any.

Snap crackle and pop so..NICE :D feel like a kid again lol cant wait to get the cat off.

Yeah my zorst is the same. I dont bother with the center one.
Then we have the bend before the rear beam and dont use that one either.
The only ones I use are the back box ones. in fact mine is hooked over the brake bias valve hook,tightened with a jubilee clip,
and using a standard exhaust rubber mounting for the final piece at the rear bumper. It's solid tight and gives a nice vibe in the cabin.

JamieG
11-04-2011, 22:32
Mine knocks a bit, think its knocking against the bracket on the bend on NS.

Will try a jubilee clip near the bias valve, when i next get it on a ramp.

However though, im in the same boat, like a small child in a sweet shop, it sounds amazing compared to the limp scorpion and blowing manifold!

fab
23-05-2011, 20:55
Just in-case anyone does a search and needs these measurements they are as such:
The lip of the Williams down-pipe has a diameter of 60mm.
The inner bore of the lip measures 54mm.
The length of the Cat measures 455mm.

A valver decat DOES NOT fit a Williams downpipe, in any shape or form. The diameter on the downpipe is larger on the Williams and they are at different angles.

With regard to my situation with Blueflame I think it is only fair to say the following:
They are the worst outfit I have ever had to do business with online.