PDA

View Full Version : 2.0ltr Silver Williams or Williams 1???

dannyt
22-02-2005, 08:46
Right I was just thinking this morning after seeing another williams at my work that, should I carry on spending money on my valver to make it into basically a full williams i.e wide track and rebuilt engine?

Or

Return the valver back to standard shape, sell both the valver and my old RT and then buy a williams?

I love the the silver williams to pieces...i mean, she handles, goes well when I want her to, it's in good condition and I've already spent a lot on getting the important things done on it,

full williams interior,
silver williams wheels (about to have new tires)
fully serviced, cam belt water pump, tensioners etc,
all new calipers, discs pads, wheel bearings!

So mechanically she should be bob on and the bodywork isn't shabby either!

So do i finish her off and then keep it,

or

save and buy a williams which might need all those problems i've fixed on mine replacing?

And other than power will i notice a difference as when im sat in my car and from the outside it is identical to a williams?

Cheers

Danny

big hp
22-02-2005, 09:13
I've been thinking the same thing mate. I've decided to stick with the valver and drop a 2.0 in there. I too have spent lots of money on my valver and can't help thinking that i'll have to do it all again.

If you 2,0 your valver it will remain a group 12 car :wink: and (flame suit on) they generally are faster for some reason. You'll also be able to do all the little bits to it that people would frown upon you doing to a williams. I just don't see it as enough of a step to buy a genuine williams when I can have the same car but in naples red :D

northy
22-02-2005, 09:21
get a insurance quote on a williams first - then decide pal.

KingStromba
22-02-2005, 10:22
Any fool can go out and buy a Williams (hell i did it twice). More satisfying though to slowly convert yours to full silver Williams spec though.

Unless you can sell your two cars and buy an immacualte Williams (4k+), id not bother as youll be forever doing jobs on it. A year later im still finding things to do.

big hp
22-02-2005, 10:42
For me insurance was only about £80 a yr more on a williams 2. But then I am 26 with 8 yrs no claims.

Gotta agree with Stromba in that its got to be more rewarding seeing your hard work coming together. I know i'm quite excited at the thought of doing mine and all the other little bits as well.

dannyt
22-02-2005, 12:34
i think ill keep it...i've come this far might as well give the silver what it deserves!!!

Swervin_Mervin
22-02-2005, 12:39
Keep it fella. You know the condition of the rest of the mechanicals which means a lot. I thought about getting a new vlaver after the front of mine was stoved in, siply cos the costs would've been the same. But in the end the fact that I'd spunked a fair bit on mechanicals swung it.

You've got a minter that's only a willy track and 2L engine away from what you want.

Winston
22-02-2005, 13:20
Most of the points have been covered above

Silver Williams all the way!!!!!!

summeh
22-02-2005, 14:31
SILVER ****ING WILLIAMS ANY DAY MATE ! Thats much more rare than any willy 1,2,3 on the road!

Do it up like a Clio Williams Maxi, then you dont have to worry about spoiling a good Williams , keeping it original etc.

go for the silver williams mate... spunk over this...

http://www.reacthosting.com/summy/willy/willy-maxi.jpg

summeh
22-02-2005, 14:33
:D lush, isn't it.

dannyt
22-02-2005, 16:20
very nice mate, but my Silver williams is a bit different!!! :wink: