PDA

View Full Version : ECU problem on williams

busterhymes
23-05-2009, 15:19
got a replacement ECU (std williams) plug in and car wont start fitted with std factory alarm and autowatch immobiliser i know it all works fine on old ecu in terms of alarm and immobiliser
plugging in the replacement ECU and switching ingnition on it fails to light the oil light and will not start with original ECU lights oil light and starts
also have a ph1 16v ECU and does exactly same am i missing something :(

Wobba
23-05-2009, 15:23
Thoroughly check the board itself for obvious burns or broken connections. You say the valver one works?

busterhymes
23-05-2009, 15:30
no m8 neither the replacement williams or the ph 1 valver ecu work and its the same fault in both cases and i know for a fact its ok with original ECU so suspect its an issue with alarm/immobiliser and compatibility but as no immobiliser on these ECU's im a bit stuck i was wondering was there a sequence to go thru to get the ECU working :?

Wobba
23-05-2009, 16:27
Does it turn over but no ignition? Does fuel pump prime?

You have the working one there? That works right?

I hate ECU problems!

busterhymes
23-05-2009, 16:50
fuel pump primes no probs said earlier ph1 16v ECU not working now working and car starts but no oil warning light when u switch ignition on now trying williams ECU all i did was leave it there isnt a battery backup on the pcb that needs to charge first dont think its likely just odd not starting then starting like that and all i did was leave it :? :?

summeh
23-05-2009, 17:57
fuel pump primes no probs said earlier ph1 16v ECU not working now working and car starts but no oil warning light when u switch ignition on now trying williams ECU all i did was leave it there isnt a battery backup on the pcb that needs to charge first dont think its likely just odd not starting then starting like that and all i did was leave it :? :?

*gasp* ... aaaaaand take a deep breath.

busterhymes
23-05-2009, 18:22
i know m8 but its doin my head in so i now have a ph1 16v ecu that works but no oil warning light, why oh why :? :? :?
i have repaired my original ecu and that starts the car and i get oil warning light up when ignition on(not happy with a repair on tho)
i have a replacement williams ecu which refuses to work

so next question a working PH1 16v ecu does it need the chip from the williams ecu to have correct map
and finally the problem all started fitting the 180 chip not that im sayin it caused the fault just unsure as to why i had running problems so now goin to run the car and see if my repair has fixed the prob or if im back to square one, and breath in and then out and feel the bad karma flow away now wheres my ****ing hatchet

:wink:

Justin..
23-05-2009, 18:50
are your . and , buttons broke? Lol :P

what repair did you make to your ecu?

Wobba
23-05-2009, 19:34
Valver chip on valver ECU will work but lean. You need a Willy chip in in or other modded willy chip.

busterhymes
23-05-2009, 19:50
are your . and , buttons broke? Lol :P

what repair did you make to your ecu?

changed ic and couple of diodes and agree really must punctuate :oops:

busterhymes
23-05-2009, 19:52
Valver chip on valver ECU will work but lean. You need a Willy chip in in or other modded willy chip.

ah i see ta for that bit of info will get that sorted

Danno
23-05-2009, 22:24
shit me.....i'm getting angry just reading through this :evil: :P

hope you get it sorted mate

Wobba
24-05-2009, 09:35
I have two blown ECU's here myself, both valver ones :(

I repaired one that has a chip carrier on it, and fixed a blown bridge bit which got it to work but it revs at 3k, just like the other one, but I cant see what else is wrong! Oh well.

busterhymes
24-05-2009, 12:23
you got another std chip to try see if that cures

Wobba
24-05-2009, 16:17
Nah it's the board defo, have tested it.

busterhymes
24-05-2009, 16:27
thats pants m8, have def proved the williams ecu i bought is ng as borrowed one today and all working as it should so now got to try and source another williams ecu i do have a ph1 valver but not happy as to why i get no oil warning light when switchin ignition on very strange :? really could do with someone who is well clued up on renault ecu's