PDA

View Full Version : ITBs crank trigger wheel setup

Evogone
23-05-2009, 07:11
Any pictures / comments on using this set up vs changing the flywheel to megane and using the origional crank sensor position ?

stan
23-05-2009, 10:03
I wouldnt do it on a competition car..

Unless you have properly designed brackets, and a machined boss that locates to an indexed point on the crank.

I would change the flywheel.

sideways danny
23-05-2009, 13:05
Unfortunately the crank pulley isn't keyed to the crank, so there's too much room for error if you remove it to work on the engine after mapping. Flywheel for me

Laine_16v
23-05-2009, 13:48
Unfortunately the crank pulley isn't keyed to the crank, so there's too much room for error if you remove it to work on the engine after mapping. Flywheel for me

Winston has an Alpha ITB setup and uses the auxilary crank pulley that has a bolted on trigger wheel.

There are 2 small bolts holes on the cambelt crank pulley. YOu can drill through the auxilary pulley and then bolt it via that (with a custom trigger wheel on top of that.

The two bolt holes provide a rotational reference point, so no "guessing"

stan
23-05-2009, 13:51
still not ideal, the sensor/wheel is quite exposed out there and can be easily damaged.

Dont get me wrong, ive done similar in the past, but im not a fan of it.

Laine_16v
23-05-2009, 13:52
Agreed, dodgy position to say the least!

Winston
23-05-2009, 14:10
So so... its protected buy the subframe mainly and with arch liners and a sump guard its pretty safe IMO

4kg flywheel of win :twisted:

sideways danny
23-05-2009, 14:18
still a bubbling under project to make the old renault pattern work. but it's such a low volume market that it's not a priority sadly

hamloin
28-05-2009, 13:30
mine is fine just like that. bent some 3mm stainless drilled holes fot the sump bolts and used a ford sensor been there for about 8 months doing road rallys and the like.

Evogone
28-05-2009, 13:40
mine is fine just like that. bent some 3mm stainless drilled holes fot the sump bolts and used a ford sensor been there for about 8 months doing road rallys and the like.

Any pics ??what management you using ?

2 live
30-05-2009, 00:14
still not ideal, the sensor/wheel is quite exposed out there and can be easily damaged.

maybe not the best. but it works..and works well.

like winston, mine had the trigger wheel, in fact its still on, even tho the bodies have been off for a long time. done various trackdays and local ragging. never had a prob. uses the ford trigger pattern as well. s'all good ;)

Evogone
30-05-2009, 02:33

like winston, mine had the trigger wheel, in fact its still on, even tho the bodies have been off for a long time. done various trackdays and local ragging. never had a prob. uses the ford trigger pattern as well. s'all good ;)

Pics of this set up please...!!! What did you do with the bodies ?

Evogone
03-06-2009, 13:40
Anyone got a picture of this set up??

2 live
04-06-2009, 20:28

u goin fcs mate??

the car will be there....despite all the scratches lol....looks a mess but hey, its a 'go' car not a 'show' car ;)

the bodies...i took them off ages ago, theyv sat doing nothing since

Evogone
05-06-2009, 08:46

u goin fcs mate??

the car will be there....despite all the scratches lol....looks a mess but hey, its a 'go' car not a 'show' car ;)

the bodies...i took them off ages ago, theyv sat doing nothing since

Not going to FCS but PM'd