PDA

View Full Version : Renault spider engine info

Evogone
21-05-2009, 20:45
What engine is this based on Williams ? What did they do to it to get the 180hp of the spider race cars ?

Does anyone have any info ?

richy
21-05-2009, 20:50
not sure what they did to them,

but i heard the road cars ran the megane version and race cars ran the williams version...

not 100% on that tho

The King
21-05-2009, 20:51
The race spyder engine is a williams engine. The road version had a megane engine. Richy is correct.

stan
21-05-2009, 21:28
hmmm..

I rebuilt a spider cup engine last year, im 99% sure it was a megane F7R bottom end, but defo had a williams head.
I'll dig the details out over the weekend.

The King
21-05-2009, 21:36
Its not original then.

stan
21-05-2009, 21:38
tbh thinking about it, im not sure which it was, initial thought was meg, but the more i think about it...the less im sure!!

will check tommorow.

stan
22-05-2009, 11:03
yup, twas a williams bottom end...

J o n
22-05-2009, 11:06
What engine is this based on Williams ? What did they do to it to get the 180hp of the spider race cars ?

Does anyone have any info ?

Road going one is deffo based on a Megane, Andy GDI's missus RSI has that engine in running some cams and an Omex... made 185bhp, it's rapid lol

The King
22-05-2009, 11:17
Not based on a megane. It IS a megane engine.

J o n
22-05-2009, 11:31
www.dontactuallycare.com

similar/same... details boy, details.

stan
22-05-2009, 11:33
Damn it I clicked the link :oops: :lol:

The King
22-05-2009, 11:34
Which is correct?:

The williams wishbones are based on the renault 19 16v items

The williams wishbones are renault 19 16v items

It might not be important to you, but those of us who speak the Queen's English happen to think that semantics are necessary for correct communication.

'Based on' infers modification.

J o n
22-05-2009, 11:37
Which is correct?:

It might not be important to you, but those of us who speak the Queen's English happen to think that semantics are necessary for correct communication.

Which begs the question, are you slow or just pedantic? It's multiple choice to keep it nice and simple for you.

The King
22-05-2009, 11:40
Which is correct?:

Which begs the question, are you slow or just pedantic? It's multiple choice to keep it nice and simple for you.

Sorry, my statement doesnt 'beg the question'. You have incorrectly used association.

English comprehension F - Fail - must do better.

J o n
22-05-2009, 11:55
Which is correct?:

Sorry, my statement doesnt 'beg the question'. You have incorrectly used association.

English comprehension F - Fail - must do better.

I passed English, but it cant have much bearing on success, citing you as a case in point :lol:

Anywho, stop dragging the thread off topic with your pedantic nonsense, see if you can post in 1 thread without it having to be cleaned, locked or removed from going so far off topic the original point is lost.

The King
22-05-2009, 12:00
Ok, and you see if you can go one post without mentioning:

GDI
OMEX
GDI's dog
GDI's wife's car
GDI's mates car

J o n
22-05-2009, 12:04
It runs a Megane engine, so it's more than relevant to this particaular discussion, your comments however are not. Stay on topic please ;)

busterhymes
22-05-2009, 12:07
why is it that a potentially interesting subject gets railroaded into personal attacks how about just playing nice :wink:

Evogone
23-05-2009, 07:08
why is it that a potentially interesting subject gets railroaded into personal attacks how about just playing nice :wink:

Beacause SpongeNob has no friends and need this virtual world to give him pleasure...

Baack on topic what was done to the Williams engined spider race car to give it the 180hp ????

Stan what was the spec of the one you built ?

busterhymes
23-05-2009, 08:51

Beacause SpongeNob has no friends and need this virtual world to give him pleasure...

Baack on topic what was done to the Williams engined spider race car to give it the 180hp ????

the poor little mite :roll:

stan
23-05-2009, 10:06

It was a low-comp build with custom cams and cylinder head, to suit a 2spd Rotrex supercharger.

Ive got a Sodemo GrpA Clio engine booked in for a rebuild (with the addition of ITB's) in a week or two. This ones for a class winning clio williams sprint car. Should be fun :D

The King
23-05-2009, 11:38
I will book my multiple class winning rally car in for some work with you eventually stan.

Winston
23-05-2009, 11:48
Which is correct?:

Fail.. both wishbones are different :P

jay s
23-05-2009, 12:32
Which is correct?:

sorry to go off topic lol but got to agree :lol:

Williams and R19 wishbones are different, the difference being in the way the balljoint bolts to the wishbone. they are at a slighty diffent angle. try fitting a set of r19 spacer plates to williams wishbones and you will see what i mean :D also if they were the same part renault would supply the same part number for the pair ( just like a r5gt and 16v clutch ) but they are different :D

The King
23-05-2009, 12:34
Which is correct?:

In which case option 1 is correct.

Evogone
24-05-2009, 10:17
I will book my multiple class winning rally car in for some work with you eventually stan.

For every class winning car there is a class winning driver, you should call min and ask him to drive it for you.... :wink:

Back on topic...

Conclusion so far:-

Road spider = Megane engine 150hp

Race spider = Williams engine 180hp

Next question is what modifications were done to the willaims race spider engine to make 180hp ? does anyone have the specs ?

Evogone
24-05-2009, 10:18

For every class winning car there is a class winning driver, you should call min and ask him to drive it for you.... :wink:

Back on topic...

Next question is what modifications were done to the willaims race spider engine to make 180hp ? does anyone have the specs ?

Doh

min = him in hangover mode......lol

speed
24-05-2009, 10:55

Back on topic...

i gave maxi my spider manual, ask him for a copy?
i think they can be ballanced,blueprinted and thats about it, im sure they run stock parts.
the ecu and manifold setup is diffrent, along with a good strong ballenced rebuild = the extra 30bhp??

Evogone
24-05-2009, 11:07

Back on topic...

i think they can be ballanced,blueprinted and thats about it, im sure they run stock parts.
the ecu and manifold setup is diffrent, along with a good strong ballenced rebuild = the extra 30bhp??

Maxi as in Maxiboy on the forum ?

speed
24-05-2009, 13:15
yes

speed
24-05-2009, 13:15
yes

MAXIBOY
24-05-2009, 19:19

Back on topic...

yes mate i have over 70 renault catalogues now at least..

5 clio spider V6 11 21 all sorts of stuff..rally race some cup specs..you want the spider stuff..

Evogone
26-05-2009, 10:00

Back on topic...

yes mate i have over 70 renault catalogues now at least..

5 clio spider V6 11 21 all sorts of stuff..rally race some cup specs..you want the spider stuff..

Yes please..!

Richardcard1974
26-05-2009, 11:49
Why do you need a spyder cup spec? Are you entering the spyder cup in a spyder?

180 bhp is easily achievable by many means, so whats so special about knowing the 'spyder secret'? Surely you can see its a williams engine with cams, ecu upgrade and some head work?

Evogone
26-05-2009, 12:00
Why do you need a spyder cup spec? Are you entering the spyder cup in a spyder?

180 bhp is easily achievable by many means, so whats so special about knowing the 'spyder secret'? Surely you can see its a williams engine with cams, ecu upgrade and some head work?

As my car has a so called 180/190hp spider cup engine.

The King
26-05-2009, 12:09
Why dont you just speak to Michelle and ask her?

Evogone
26-05-2009, 12:34
Why dont you just speak to Michelle and ask her?

Left a note with Matt at Team Think who used to run a car....but its a case what is the renault spec of the engine in the manuals. What is different from a std williams to get 180hp which was the claimed value by renault for this engine.

The King
26-05-2009, 12:39
Cams, headwork and a remap will get you 175, and i bet the race engines were blueprinted which will get you your 180 bhp.

Problem solved.

Evogone
26-05-2009, 12:56
Cams, headwork and a remap will get you 175, and i bet the race engines were blueprinted which will get you your 180 bhp.

Problem solved.

So you are saying the 180 comes from cams/chip/headwork and blue printing or just blue printing ?

Justin..
26-05-2009, 14:47
all of it i'd imagine

Evogone
26-05-2009, 15:24
all of it i'd imagine

If so what spec are the cams and head ? no one has any data ?