PDA

View Full Version : What are my Shock Absorber Options?

BigSteveT
18-05-2009, 18:20
Hi All,

I've had a quick search of the forum but don't seem to have found much.? According to my MOT tester the front shocks on my Williams are shot so i need some new ones??

At the moment the car has got an Avo Roadsport kit on but i'm just wondering what my options are?

I'm not really wanting to spend £400 on a set of coilovers as i really can't be @rsed with all that coilover BS as i'm not a pro track driver? I've read that the OE Williams Shocks are pretty good??

What are my options??

If anyones got something they're looking to sell in the next few weeks please let me know?

Regards

Steve

Wobba
18-05-2009, 18:44
I don't think new front OE shocks are that expensive from Renault. Could ask AVO to refurb the ones you have. They have fixed my coilovers twice and returned them via courier in a single day once. I was very impressed.

BigSteveT
18-05-2009, 18:47
The Avo Roadsport kit that's on the car at the moment are a regular looking damper like the OE ones, are they re-buildable???

Yeah I phoned my Stealer up thismorning & they told me that the dampers are £45ish each which isn't too bad??

Am I right in thinking that Williams damper's are different from 16v ones?? :?:

Wobba
18-05-2009, 18:56
The Avo Roadsport kit that's on the car at the moment are a regular looking damper like the OE ones, are they re-buildable???

Yeah I phoned my Stealer up thismorning & they told me that the dampers are £45ish each which isn't too bad??

Am I right in thinking that Williams damper's are different from 16v ones?? :?:

If you email (Nigel?) at Avo he will be able to tell you, not sure if they will cost much or can be refurbed or not.

$45 is quite cheap I reckon, but you may need springs if you don't have the old originals.

The springs and dampers are different to valver ones, yes.

MAXIBOY
18-05-2009, 18:56
yes mate they are..

go standard or ask avo about a rebuild or new inserts..

BigSteveT
18-05-2009, 19:01
Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated! :wink:

What about top mounts & stuff like that?? Does everyone just get the ones from the motor factors or are people tending towards OE renault or Polybush jobs etc??

Wobba
18-05-2009, 19:14
The top mount kit supplied by Renault is what I buy.