PDA

View Full Version : Advice Wanted

NorthernScooby
07-07-2005, 21:12
New to this forum and looking for a bit of advice, am looking to buy a Williams as a second car, always wanted one and now the time seems right, preferably want a 1 or 3, but can you tell me what i should be going for/looking for etc etc. as I want to get one asap, looking to spend upto and around 4k.

Currently have a P1 Impreza knocking out 340 bhp so the performance isn't too much of an issue just want a second car that is equally fun, classic look and don't mind jumping into when the girlfriend wants the P1.

lewis_willy2
07-07-2005, 21:18
girlfriend, P1 :? brave man

edde
07-07-2005, 21:23
Rust is the biggest killer.
Check the rear arches and sills for any damage/ rust.

Martin
07-07-2005, 21:26
filler cap, subframe, drainage points on tailgate...check wheels are correct colour and should have diamond cut edge on rim. Like this..

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1133/willywheel2ry.jpg

richy
07-07-2005, 21:31
yes look out for rust, mine has had a rust attack which is annoying but to be sorted during winter! usually the engine is sound and wont go wrong, costs arent the cheapest but with running a P1 id guess proberly cheaper lol

ceratinly lots of fun esp on back roads, get them in twistys thats were they rule!

Slithers
07-07-2005, 21:42
For gods sake make sure the gearbox is in decent knick.

I think the people on williamsclio have gone through more gearboxes than any other forum.

richy
07-07-2005, 21:47
lol ^^^ agreed! just fitted a new box to mine

northy
08-07-2005, 11:22
id stay away from a 3 unless the sunroof DOES NOT LEAK and make sure you do check it. A leaking sunroof is a real pain.

Look at the tech specs on the home page that daz did for a whats the differance guide.

Rust - subframe, petrol cap, rear wings, tailgate, sills, chassis rails & doors - they can rust like a right good one.

Interior - should be very clean for that amount of money

Other than that - the brakes seize regularly at the front and will need freein off come mot time, steering racks wear (no play should be evident in the steering wheel)

just do the checks and get a good one. for 4K expect to be looking at cars around 55,000 - 90,000miles.