PDA

View Full Version : no start up

preston420
15-05-2009, 19:51
hi guys iv just had my engine fully recond. and myself and a friend have put it all back in and everything is back in place and all wired up,

but when we went to start it up i put the key in and the handbrake light cums on and the battery light cums on and the digital temp gauge is on and the oil level is working but when u go to turn the key to fire her up theres nothing.

iv charged the battery and checked the starter motor and checked all the earths and there ok. im stuck for ideas guys unless the imobiliser??????

but when i got the car the guy said it had a clifford alarm on it and he took that out and disconnected it all and replaced the battery in the key fob and put a new imobaliser unit inn, near the interior light but when i bought the car the imobaliser never worked and never had to rest or use it due to not working

sorry bout the spelling lol

cheers mark really need help

queegan
15-05-2009, 19:53
have u tried pressing the button with the key in the ignition i have to do this sometimes in my car which has a clifford

schakal
15-05-2009, 20:00
have you checked the starter wire is deffo connected ??

preston420
16-05-2009, 01:54
yep checked everything mate and like i sed when the guy took the clifford alarm out he only replaced the imobaliser unit up near the intirier light. and replaced the battery in the key fob

and before i took the engine out i never had to use the key fob and the imboaliser never worked and the light on the dash was never on and it started fine but now it wont even fire up cnt even hear the fuel pump kick in????>>>>> well stuck for ideas

Purple
16-05-2009, 02:05
Check the voltages, with a voltmeter, at the fuses/relays are properly energised when you turn the key.

preston420
16-05-2009, 12:01
check it out mate already really doin my head and i dont want to take it renault cause they will charge me like 500 notes for opening the bonnet

queegan
16-05-2009, 12:12
if the fuel pump is not priming i would assume that would either be an imobiliser issue or an ecu raleted one

stan
16-05-2009, 12:41
Are you getting good battery voltage at the starter motor main cable?

If so, is there 12v between the solenoid feed and earth when you turn to cranking position?

preston420
16-05-2009, 19:30
yea tested it all ready,
this is why its doing my head in, plus cant start it with jump leads as well completley no fire. theres a relay clicking in the black box near the battery as well

will leake
16-05-2009, 23:56
Right if;
A: All off the earths are connected
B: The starter has a good 12v continuous supply
C: If the starter wire that plugs onto to starter comes live when the key is turned.

This means the starter has had it if it still won't start. :-k

Maybe you have tested it wrong as it sounds like an immobiliser to me with no fuel pump or starter (the two things they controle).

Let me know how you get on. :)

Chadwick
17-05-2009, 12:32
clicking when turning over, doesnt that mean its a loose connection on the battery? Or is that just on diesels?

stan
17-05-2009, 13:16
Does the engine turn over freely by hand.

If so, AND you are 100% getting battery voltage to the starter and solenoid when in cranking position, then it has to be the starter motor really.

preston420
20-05-2009, 13:02
rite iv got it wanting to start now but still got no fuel pump working nothing as i turn the key in the igintion its really pissin me off
checked the fuses they are all ok.???>>>???

queegan
20-05-2009, 15:39
have u checked the ecu is not burnt somewhere?

x_tara121_x
20-05-2009, 16:01
seriously believe them about the starter... we've just had ours replaced after it died whilst i was driving it :( its not even my car... think how bad i felt! she wanted to start but it just wasnt happening

queegan
20-05-2009, 16:29
also sounds silly but are you sure u have enough fuel in the tank to prime the fuel pump i lost quite a bit when messing around with the fuel lines and stuff

wavy
20-05-2009, 17:22
if your not hearing the fuel pump prime id say immobiliser ?

preston420
20-05-2009, 22:41
thats wot i think. but the imobaliser never worked before i took the engine out and had no problem with it wot so ever

plus got enough fuel in it

well stuck, havin a guy come to look at it this week so hopefully will be able to find the problem out