PDA

View Full Version : cant sell the willy

rickyquicky
14-05-2009, 12:42
after buying a new 'sensible' (read: boring) car, my intention was to sell my willy 2.

well after driving it to the lock up garage im renting, i decided its going to stay! :D

it seems willy's arent selling like they used to, so for what i'd get for it id rather just hang onto it.

might strip it and turn it into a track weapon! :wink:

how much do you think i could get back from stripped bits...ie interior etc, and is it even a good idea?! :P

schakal
14-05-2009, 12:49
strip a valver ,172 or 182 but dont do it to a willy or
prepare to face the consequences !!!

look at mat brown or stromba for example . both are
scarred for life :shock: :shock:

:D

rickyquicky
14-05-2009, 13:12
:cry:

so it will ruin my willy?

but.............why!?

Jamie.
14-05-2009, 13:23
won't ruin anything. There to be driven and you should do what you want with it.

busterhymes
14-05-2009, 13:43
guess the point is strip out a williams and sell on the parts u then are in the position yes u have a track day car and if thats all it is then fine but if its a day to day drive as well its goin to very basic and maybe eventually annoy the shit out of u but more importantly if u want to sell the car on at a later date u will probably struggle more than u are now to sell and then have the hassle of bringing it back to a std car and this historically is where u will get good money.
but really as jamie mentioned its upto u what u want to do with it :)

rickyquicky
14-05-2009, 14:16
prices have really come down now though for willy's, track car seemed like a sensible excuse to keep it.

do you think they will go up in price again anytime soon? :?

MAXIBOY
14-05-2009, 14:27
no can't see it..

track it and have fun..could always store the interior and replace it if you ever came to sell.

interiors worth about 100.00

Richardcard1974
14-05-2009, 14:57
Its a williams 2 so rip it to pieces.

rickyquicky
14-05-2009, 16:05

:lol: , im not going to listen to the opinion of an ignorant tosser.

Smudger
14-05-2009, 16:21

:lol: , im not going to listen to the opinion of an ignorant tosser.

more handbags :lol:

Wobba
14-05-2009, 17:06
Actually, I would beg to differ about the prices dropping. Sure, there are always people out there willing to sell for peanuts due to pressure of money (esp. at the moment!). However, the cars I have seen lately which are in good condition (a growing trend, being in relatively good order) are valued quite highly, ranging from £3k to £4.5k, some even higher.

I think it is a future classic as as more are scrapped/stripped for parts the well looked after cars will see a value increase.

MAXIBOY
14-05-2009, 17:28
but are they selling for 3.5k... :?

i don't think prices will rise at all though..

busterhymes
14-05-2009, 17:35
like anything prices go up and down so very difficult to guess which way prices on the williams might go :)

2 live
14-05-2009, 18:57
strip it and track it.

they didnt get the title of 'best DRIVERS car' by sitting in a garage not moving. ask nobs mum, an unused one is pants........even has mag features to prove it.

as jamie says ...its your car.

personally id rather see a stripped one being driven and used for the purpose it was built than see 1 sat there looking sorry for itself with full trim. i find my track 1 more fun to drive than the std 1. and thats as an everyday usage car.

Richardcard1974
14-05-2009, 19:20
Just make sure you dont lock up the rear and destroy some tyres.

2 live
14-05-2009, 19:56
lol. remind me nob...what did i hit while i was enjoying DRIVING MY car?? no1 elses car, and it actually being used for the purpose it was intended

u think i give a shit about hitting anything in it??? lmao. a few more scratches isnt gunna do it any harm now is it....spesh when theres only plastic underneath... :roll:

Richardcard1974
14-05-2009, 20:01
lol. remind me nob...what did i hit while i was enjoying DRIVING MY car?? no1 elses car, and it actually being used for the purpose it was intended

u think i give a s**t about hitting anything in it??? lmao. a few more scratches isnt gunna do it any harm now is it....spesh when theres only plastic underneath... :roll:

I wasnt refereing to you, why did you crash it?

2 live
14-05-2009, 20:06
u not seen the vids?????

u want a link??

HYBRID_HAZ
14-05-2009, 20:24
Keep it standard and get it insured on a classic car policy which would be cheap.

Richardcard1974
14-05-2009, 20:27
Keep it standard and get it insured on a classic car policy which would be cheap.

This man speaks sense.

1995clio16v
14-05-2009, 21:51

No they wont.

With all due respect to williams owners, I think you are all a bit stubborn and headstrong regarding fantasy prices. Kind of ''hoping''.

I would be prepared to bet my most valueable items in my possession (not that that amounts to much!), that in the next 5 years not 1 williams clio will be above £1500.

This is the reason (and this is only my opinion), theyre a hot hatch, and they only appeal to boy racer type people (cant get away from that), and this reflects on the price. Theyre suited to lowerclass/middleclass people. People who buy ferrari's and aston martins dont drive williams clio's, if they did the price would reflect on this. As with any product, price is reflected on the consumer and what type of consumer it suits/targets.

Its extremely rare for cars to increase in price, infact almost non exsistent. Only top marques increase in price like Ferrari F40's etc.

Jeremy Clarkson raved about V6 clio's future classic blah blah blah, look at the price of these now! You get a decent mark2 for £12k!!

These are only my opnions, I love these cars but there are some true fantasy prices knocking around on williams clio's.

After all theyre only a renault, theyre French.

HYBRID_HAZ
14-05-2009, 22:09
But then look at the selling prices on cars like the 5 gt turbo, rs turbo, mk1 golf gti to hint at a few. All fetching more than they may have done a few years ago in my opinion.

MatrixGuy
14-05-2009, 23:41

No they wont.

With all due respect to williams owners, I think you are all a bit stubborn and headstrong regarding fantasy prices. Kind of ''hoping''.

I would be prepared to bet my most valueable items in my possession (not that that amounts to much!), that in the next 5 years not 1 williams clio will be above £1500.

This is the reason (and this is only my opinion), theyre a hot hatch, and they only appeal to boy racer type people (cant get away from that), and this reflects on the price. Theyre suited to lowerclass/middleclass people. People who buy ferrari's and aston martins dont drive williams clio's, if they did the price would reflect on this. As with any product, price is reflected on the consumer and what type of consumer it suits/targets.

Its extremely rare for cars to increase in price, infact almost non exsistent. Only top marques increase in price like Ferrari F40's etc.

Jeremy Clarkson raved about V6 clio's future classic blah blah blah, look at the price of these now! You get a decent mark2 for £12k!!

These are only my opnions, I love these cars but there are some true fantasy prices knocking around on williams clio's.

I know what you mean mate.

I know my willy isn't worth much, hence why am not selling it now. What i would get for it is not worth it!

The way am feeling at the moment i might just buy a bicycle, lol. :cry:

rickyquicky
15-05-2009, 14:25

No they wont.

thats kinda what ive been thinking, and yeah i have hoped it would increase in value, but after the drop ive seen in their prices i cant really see them going back up again.

i didnt buy the car as an investment though, i bought it to be driven, and thats what ill do with it now - track it on the odd occasion.

i just hoped prices would go up because i could wait a year/2 years to sell if id get 2.5k instead of 1.5k.

but then seeing things like R5 turbo's etc does make make me think one day they could be worth a few quid :P

DD williams 3
21-07-2009, 18:00
Williams are rare and owning one makes me feel happy and I love driving it. You cant put a price on that. If you enjoy it then keep it because there are not that many left and you might kick yourself in the future. After all if you do sell it you might only get £2000 tops but the pleasure of owning one is worth more than that. I would strip it and save the bits because you can put them back on after.

2 live
21-07-2009, 18:54
now theres sense.^^^^^^^^^

fuk garaging it. its the best drivers car for a reason. they didnt find that out by driving it to a garage n puttin it on axle stands

Danno
21-07-2009, 19:58
garage the bad boy, keep it nice and then go buy another to track :P