PDA

View Full Version : Willy track gurus in here

Martin
07-07-2005, 18:40
Had mine fitted today and there were no major problems however it seems due to the increased track there is now only 10 threads or so on the track rods...compared to fukken loads before..is the track rod on the willy different?

VIPERONE
07-07-2005, 18:49
must be.. i have both racks..so will check! lool

Martin
07-07-2005, 19:12
Winstone?

richy
07-07-2005, 21:01
on bayliss's old valver they was different track and tie rods mate, we left std ones on as there was enough to hold them, but u can get williams track/tie rods from euro car parts for about £60 all in, should fit fine not sure if the length of the actual rack arm that slides left to right is any longer/shorter between the two cars or its just the tie rods that are longer!

Martin
07-07-2005, 21:06
So Richy do you think they will be ok or are they worth swapping??

richy
07-07-2005, 21:20
well thats totally up to u at end of the day mate, as long as there enough thread left for them to tighten up fine and not move about and risk come loose then yeah, but as said its your car/life at risk your decision!!

btw what type does yours have? is there a 13mm bolt that clamps it tight or a large nut about a 21mm iirc?

Martin
07-07-2005, 21:23
dunno which type it is fella...my guru down the garage reckons they are tight just was'nt sure the williams parts were worth using....think they should be fine.. cheers for the info.

richy
07-07-2005, 21:25
no problem, dont think anyone has changed the rack/tie rods etc when doing conversion anyway, think theres enough length in them to fit wide track

u33db
07-07-2005, 21:51
Had mine fitted today and there were no major problems however it seems due to the increased track there is now only 10 threads or so on the track rods...compared to fukken loads before..is the track rod on the willy different?

I never used willy track rod ends and IIRC neither did Winston/Clean16v.

Not too sure if the willy items are longer but wouldn't expect so...i'd guess that its the different williams rack/rack arms that give the extra reach.

16v items should be fine though...i did a good 5-6k on the 16v PAS rack setup then about 600 or so on the manual rack setup without any issues...either probs or concerns voiced by the garage.

Winston
08-07-2005, 00:22
^^Amen^^

I used valver track rod ends on mine.......sent it to the garage to be tracked, they thought it was ok.