PDA

View Full Version : Trackday Wheels

Swervin_Mervin
07-07-2005, 17:00
Do wheels tend to get shagged at trackdays? My colleague thinks I'm mad to get a set of wheels just for track. :P

07-07-2005, 17:06
depends how hard you drive it mate,

Ive got a tracktyres and i can normally get a good 30/40 laps driving hard.
That was round the Nurgberging.

Mark_Ritchspeed
07-07-2005, 18:40
In general the finish will get mullered by the constant abuse from the brakes.

Also phase 2 16v wheels have a tendency to warp when heated up and subjected to abuse on track. I have warped 2 of them in the past.

edde
07-07-2005, 19:02
I have a spare set of wheen (dyanmic one).
I find track days etc do seem to scratch wheels and so I wouldn't wan to be damaging the WIlliams alloys.
However the main reason I got them was because on a track day you might comply wear out a set of tyres so its a better idea to have a spare set. Plus you can run slicks etc on them.
If the alloys are only cheap and preferably come with some tyres then all the better.
Yozza also runs dynamic alloys on the track along with other track day regulars as 115 inch tyres are so cheap and dynamic alloys are cheap and strong.

Winston
07-07-2005, 19:08
Also phase 2 16v wheels have a tendency to warp when heated up and subjected to abuse on track. I have warped 2 of them in the past.

:shock:

Lunner
07-07-2005, 20:50
I have a set of 16v alloys....just run worn down road tyres, what ever i can get cheap, absoloutly ****ing caked in brake dust