View Full Version : Spring question

will leake
12-05-2009, 00:11
Are valver front springs the same as williams springs? Where can i buy them from? Do they make a standard ride hight that is stiffer?

Thanks :D

12-05-2009, 00:17
yes iirc...same as 172 also...

standard height springs that are stiffer are rare try eibach..

12-05-2009, 09:44
You can use 172 cup springs too :wink:

12-05-2009, 12:03
but the cup springs lower the ride height do they not??

Smokey McPot
12-05-2009, 13:51
By about 3mm or something. Its negligable.

12-05-2009, 15:25
Option 1 Buy from Renault: Approx 160 the pair
Option 2 Buy from aftermarket specialist who will make OEM 'copied' springs circa 100 the pair (search for a post by mark ritchspeed - he mentioned this many years back - from memory he also mentioned what company could make them).
Option 3 Buy Low mileage 172 (NON CUP) Springs from people selling on cliosport (they are the same as the Williams springs denoted by two white dots) - Normally go for 30 - 50 the pair
Option 4 Buy Low mileage 172 Cup springs from people on Cliosport (denoted by one white and one yellow dot). Slightly stiffer than Williams OEM springs (5-10%) and slightly lower too (3-5mm) - Normally go for 30 - 50 the pair''


15-05-2009, 11:31
I would get the cup springs, they do the job nicely....

This is my old valver with them fitted, standard ride height and dampers.


15-05-2009, 11:33

Try again lol

15-05-2009, 12:34
ive got standard 172 springs in the garage might throw them back on