PDA

View Full Version : Engine Crane...

1995clio16v
09-05-2009, 21:52
Is there anywhere cheaper than ebay that anyone knows?

Theyre there for about £150 delivered.

Is that about as cheap as theyll be?

MAXIBOY
09-05-2009, 21:58
yeah got one new for about 112 delivered..

might be cheaper second hand..

1995clio16v
09-05-2009, 21:59
From ebay? Yours?

I agree second hand, but catch 22, most are pickup only...companies deliver

MAXIBOY
09-05-2009, 22:20
yeah about a year ago though..

from e bay..

x_tara121_x
09-05-2009, 22:28
try borrowing one fro a friendly local garage?? its worth a try, providing you dont plan on needing it for months on end. can usually get them free of charge that way

stevefesta
10-05-2009, 09:10
I got a clarke one from machine mart a few years ago, one of the cheapest ones, I think it was only about £70 and has been great.
I have used it a couple of times but lent it to one of my mates and he has used it to get engines out of everything. Another friend also used it builing a westfield.
It folds up when your not using it and comes boxed when you buy it so it fits in the car.
Weighs about 70kg, so you need a couple of you to lift it

stevefesta
10-05-2009, 09:14
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/cfc100-1-tonne-folding-workshop-crane

This is the one I have got, must have been about £140, not £70 when I bought it!

webby
10-05-2009, 09:41
I got a clarke one from machine mart a few years ago, one of the cheapest ones, I think it was only about £70 and has been great.
I have used it a couple of times but lent it to one of my mates and he has used it to get engines out of everything. Another friend also used it builing a westfield.
It folds up when your not using it and comes boxed when you buy it so it fits in the car.

u should be able to shift that weight urself... get to the gym fella :P

stevefesta
10-05-2009, 18:14

I'm not as strong as I look..................and I don't look that strong!!! :lol:

queegan
10-05-2009, 21:43

exaclty wot i woz gunna say are u a mouse lol

Wobba
10-05-2009, 22:23
You can hire them from some places like machine mart I think.

sideways danny
11-05-2009, 01:31
try an HSS hire shop. They deliver too if you're lucky

I paid about £170 for mine (well i paid half, and a mate who needed an engine fitting paid half ) And it's been used to change more engines than i can count. One of those things you dont know how useful it is until you get it