PDA

View Full Version : nearly melted my loom

lewis_willy2
07-07-2005, 13:53
ok people jus plugin in the last few sensors on the engine before i plumb her up, i havent yet connected the lambda sensor, radiator sensor, fan sensor, or any of the front light connections, can i expect at this point to get light on the dash or do all sensors need to be connected?

on the alternator there is a thick black wire, im assuming its an earth, when looking at the engine from the front which length of thread does it go on? closest to you or closest to the block? jus had it on the the 1 closest to the block and it set alight, causing a little flame on the connection :? and i jus disconnected the positive on the battery and clearly the whole loom nearly melted as i burnt my hand. someone help, dont wana plumb it all up if i may hav caused a prob?

northy
07-07-2005, 14:33
sorry mate - carnt help.

just check the connections match with the haynes manual.

MatBrown
08-07-2005, 01:29
It depends which way round they are, as the +ve and -ve could be on either thread, should be marked up tho.

Mat.

lewis_willy2
08-07-2005, 09:08
i'll av a look cheers

clowo16v
08-07-2005, 15:06
On my alternator the thick black cable goes onto the small thread nearest the radiator (furthest away from the block)

See ya

Matt

lewis_willy2
09-07-2005, 10:28
cheers, but do you no, hav i got to connect all the loom up before i get power in my car?