PDA

View Full Version : ABS wiring

alex_e3
08-05-2009, 20:16
Just been looking at the new white clio i've got, to find that both front wheel bearings are barely hanging on! Now i noticed that one of the ABS sensors is cut, hence the bulb on the dash must have been taken out. I've got two hubs off a non-ABS valver with bearings less than a year old just sitting around. Can i swap the hubs over? I'm assuming that the toothed ABS rings on the driveshafts won't get in the way?

Also what's involved in removing the ABS? After searching i know about the master cylinder replacement if there's only 2 ports on it, and obviously new brake lines required. Just wondering about the wiring removal really?

Don't really need the ABS to be honest - just another thing to go wrong (and it obviously has at some point already!). Also from what i've read on here it cuts in too early anyway.

Help appreciated, as would like to tackle this tomorrow!

Thanks guys,

Alex :-)

northy
08-05-2009, 20:18
would mean new brake lines for sure.

Might be best to get a full set up from a donner car and swap the lot - pipes inc

MAXIBOY
08-05-2009, 20:22
easy i think mate..brake pipes can be made up..master cylinder needs replacing and i think the whole abs loam just unplugs iirc..

hubs can be swapped over without having to change the driveshafts..

alex_e3
08-05-2009, 23:56
Spot on cheers - will be popping those hubs on tomorrow then. Don't fancy driving the car as it is, feels like the wheels are gonna fall off any time soon!!!

Cheers for advice to ya both! Luckily still got my old valver shell, so will just swap the lot before mot time.

cliokiz
12-05-2009, 13:06
I've got a non ABS master cylinder if you need one.

alex_e3
12-05-2009, 13:52
Got one on my old valver awaiting the scrapyard!! But cheers for the offer mate.