PDA

View Full Version : rolling road

preston420
05-05-2009, 13:21
hi my williams has just had a full complete engine refurb top 2 bottom and shud be ready hopefully this week iv got to run it in soft for the 1st 3k but after that im looking to get it on a rolling road but iv neva had a car put on one let alone ever seen my mate put a car on one so just woundered wheres the best place to go for it and wot sort of prices im i looking at??>?>>?>>??
cheers mark

bendee
05-05-2009, 15:15
i went leeds for mine at rs tuning was 30 quid for 3 runs. theres a few places around here but no idea if there any good or not.

J o n
05-05-2009, 16:14
how far are you from Cheltenham?

RS tuning seem okay at mapping, but their RR restults have been questionable... especially when it comes to rival tuner cars :roll:

tbh it doesn't really matter where you take it as long as you always use the same place you have something to compare to.

preston420
05-05-2009, 18:15
sound u no if they have a rolling road at hill power?>?> and where bouts it is?>? mark

ps seen ur new white clio ben looks nice wots happening with the old one any news?>

dickies_willy2
05-05-2009, 18:23
TVR power in coventry do quite a few RR days there, went there with mine 2 years ago and it was well under powered then :( It was 30 quid for 3 runs.
But im also wanting to get me car RR'ed as iv done a few bits n bobs to it now

Rich

preston420
05-05-2009, 19:14
kk cheers mate sounds a good option since im only in leicester

Laine_16v
05-05-2009, 22:37
Run it soft for 3k? wtf? A sure fire way to have a slow engine! :P

MAXIBOY
05-05-2009, 22:55
needs help to bed the rings in really for the first hundred miles and have the cams been done..

did they fit the engine and do initial running in..

preston420
06-05-2009, 16:39
yea they did the cams basicaly everything, new crank uprated oil filter and a new water pump new clutch new cam belt new fly wheel spent shit loads on it looks mint inside and out, plus the guy hu did it all for me said to run it soft for about 2-3k. iv fitted the engine bak in myself along wiv a friend and basically just putting the last few bits on. they timed it for me, but nothing else, so before starting it wiv the key i was told to turn it by the crank to lube every where.

preston420
06-05-2009, 16:40
ill be posting pictures soon as me comp will let me its being a bitch

preston420
06-05-2009, 16:41

shows wot u really no then mate

schakal
06-05-2009, 16:43
:D

MAXIBOY
06-05-2009, 16:44
right..if the cams are new..

need to remove plugs and spin it over until the oil pressure light goes out..
refit plugs and start the car and run for 20 mins at 2000/3000rpm to harden the cams off....stop check levels etc..

don't allow it to idle at all in the first twenty minutes.

then drive the first hundred or so miles with as much engine braking as possible to encourage the rings to bed in..

then after that maybe 400 miles to let in run in change the oil and filter.

job done..

number1
06-05-2009, 17:46

I really wouldnt mother it around for 3000 miles, you need to load the engine up to get the rings bed in, im not saying Redline thrash, but you need to use a bit of load in order to get them to bed in nice, coasting down is a bad idea, as maxiboy said, use engine braking,

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

This site explains it a little clearer

Laine_16v
07-05-2009, 10:09

lmao sorry?

The rings will have bedded in after 50-100 miles, the cams you work harden for 20 minutes on initial start up.

What else is there to bed in?! Driving it slow is a great way to glaze the bores of a new engine.

Ask craig ffs, he builds the things for a living.

Laine_16v
07-05-2009, 10:17
If you nammy pammy it around on new rings, it'll start burning oil aswell, just ask matteh ;) xxx

preston420
07-05-2009, 23:35
i see where your coming from and iv had a good look into it. wasnt going to go lightly on it too much but i no not to hammer it to death im going to give it a good run in by driving it to work for a couple of weeks from leicester to nottingham so shd be ok by the time everything is set and running nice, just have to see in time still waiting on a few bits that renault are taking the piss about but shud be up and running again soon