PDA

View Full Version : coolant woes!

vkosho
02-05-2009, 19:24
I recently flushed my coolant in order to swap from cheap red to lush type d green. The first attempt didnt go so well and i was left with an obvious orange tinge in the coolant bottle. so i attempted it again.

The second time i flushed the engine and rad both ways and disconnected the heater matrix and flushed that both ways too, i even connected it all up and ran the system on just water for a few mins to try and clear it all out. I got a new coolant bottle from shackal and filled it and bled it again.

The coolant still turned orangy green. Probably as bad as the first time. I cant understand how there can be enough origional coolant in there to change the colour to this extent, so was wondering if theres any chance its being contaminated from elsewhere or even if type d should have an orange tinge?? I cant see any oil in the coolant or any dirt. All the times ive flushed it its come out pretty clean, quite a few of the pipes are new etc..

Can anyone suggest any possible causes for this? Im sick of spending money on coolant and struggling about with that bloody lower rad hose!

Cheers peeps!

Justin..
02-05-2009, 19:39
it'll be rust n shite from the engine turning it orange. its hard work keeping it green unless u've got a new engine

vkosho
02-05-2009, 19:49
figures. I thought it would take longer than 5 mins tho lol. Not mega fussed about the colour although it would have looked good. Just didnt want there to be a mix of coolants but wot your saying makes sense.

Wobba
03-05-2009, 12:54
If left, the green will reappear in the header but after a run will undoubtedly turn orangey again. Sucks, but there you go!