PDA

View Full Version : Angelworks: Any good?

mossyv6
01-05-2009, 23:37
Hi all, my clio v6 is requiring the dreaded cambelt change and Ben at Angelworks has come up with a very reasonable group buy price for us all.

Has anyone used him and whats the verdict please?

Jamie.
01-05-2009, 23:49
Heard some really bad things tbh mate.

I speak to that Birchdown fella on CS sometimes and that Ben has had his car for about a year, 7k and not completed it. From what he said its about a couple of weeks work max.

Just go elsewhere.

16v_paddy
02-05-2009, 00:01
replied on C16v

Birchdown was the name I couldn't think of :lol:

mossyv6
02-05-2009, 00:02
Thanks Jamie, i am starting to get bad vibes about this.

Is it just this one car that is tainted the man's reputation??

Jamie.
02-05-2009, 00:02
I have used brichdown for some work, mainly becuase I had a bit of work done before he started his own place... Dead nice lad and he runs it properly. He used to be a mechanic at Renault so knows what he is doing.

EDIT:

Mossy, check out a few threads on CS, I will have a quick look, but basically he was taking a HAMMERING about poor delivery on ported and matched inlets. He was saying he had them and not delivering etc. Sounded quite bad.

mossyv6
02-05-2009, 00:03
Replied over on 16valver paddy :D

2 live
02-05-2009, 01:11
awt...........my advice...........avoid like the plague......drive away faster from them than u do the flashing blue light behind you........find the longest bargepole u can, and keep it between you and them.

notice a pattern?? lol

J o n
02-05-2009, 01:23
Ben never finished my car, broke the sump, replaced it... bottom end went shortly after. It's a habit of his to break things by talking a load of technical waffle that could be explained more simply in half the time and not actually being able to back a single word of it up. He's also a pathalogical liar and uses the same old tired and exhausted excuses. My advice is NOT to use him if you want your car to live. His company name should be (T)AWT...

I'd chance it with Reno over this cowboy. He's cheap because he's crap and desperate.

Search his name with google, or just type "failure", they're synonymous

mossyv6
02-05-2009, 07:42
Oh dear, i am noticing a trend here!!!

Has anyone anything good to say about the guy?

x_tara121_x
02-05-2009, 09:57
NO! lol

2 live
02-05-2009, 12:05
apparently......at his other job.......rent ladyboy......hes quite good.

must be why hes held in some kind of regard over on cs ;)

Clio-Girl
04-05-2009, 23:30
i will say it again...

DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR ANGELWORKS EVER MY CAR IS PROOF HES A BELL END

half my engine is now at GDI having the angelworks **** ups repaired

Tommo
05-05-2009, 11:08
Why is this guy still in business, I've never heard a good thing about BenR and Angelworks!

2 live
05-05-2009, 16:27
your guess is as good as mine mate.

altho there are ppl that dont listen to good advice......and still use the useless twat......... eh jesus ;)

J o n
05-05-2009, 17:05
yeah yeah, I made that mistake ONCE, but in a way it's a good thing, as now I have a extremely gifted bunch of individuals to exclusively look after my cars :)

Thing is, Ben's got the gift of the gab, he can sound very technical (when there is no need to be) and baffles people so they think he's some engine genius. Reality is that his theory is just that... theory. Most of it never put into practise as he gets the customers money and that's it, he no longer cares, the hard work is done and he has his money... so sadly people are at his mercy then.

Only place I'll recommend is GDI/Omex, I have no cause to use anyone else as they do everything I ask and more and above all else know the meaning of honesty and integrity. They do this for the love, not to exploit people looking for a few power mods.

Tommo
08-05-2009, 17:22
I remember reading a while back somebody (can't remember who now) spent around 10k on the engine at AW and it was stll fooked, that's criminal in my eyes

sideways danny
08-05-2009, 18:17
I remember reading a while back somebody (can't remember who now) spent around 10k on the engine at AW and it was stll fooked, that's criminal in my eyes

That would be Clio-girl.

Clio-Girl
12-05-2009, 13:53
:( it was me, im a moron

but GDI have come to my rescue and i know this time it will be right, my head is in the best possible hands :)

J o n
12-05-2009, 14:35
:( it was me, im a moron

but GDI have come to my rescue and i know this time it will be right, my head is in the best possible hands :)

dont be hard on yourself, he's a fantastic salesman and sadly thats it...

cliolord
02-12-2009, 20:11
hmmm....the V6 is engine out material isn't it? How much has BenR quoted? 8)

richy
02-12-2009, 20:19
hmmm....the V6 is engine out material isn't it? How much has BenR quoted? 8)

nah can be done with the engine in-car, just need someone who knows what there doing lol

sideways danny
02-12-2009, 22:13
i've helped do one with the engine in. TBH i wouldn't be upset to never see one again.