PDA

View Full Version : omex or crank sensor problems

valver_Karl
01-05-2009, 13:31
iv got a itb clio. and iv recently changed the gear box, iv put everythin back together but the car wont start lol. there is power goin to the omex, and the starter motor cranks over, but the plugs arnt sparking,

any1 got any ideas? if nt will be goin to gdi,

J o n
01-05-2009, 13:41
Karl, I'd give Andy Cutler or Richard Wragg a call mate, they will be able to help you over the phone I'd imagine.

stan
01-05-2009, 13:46
Have you got communications with the ecu?

You really need to see if its recieving a cranking signal.

valver_Karl
01-05-2009, 13:59
Karl, I'd give Andy Cutler or Richard Wragg a call mate, they will be able to help you over the phone I'd imagine.

yea spoke to andy, he had trouble gettin the starter codes for the omex in the 1st place, but i would have thought they would have been saved like a hard-drive, that is wot i think the problem is, "omex".

andy gave me a few sugestions, which i have tried but still no power. think i need a little lift from the rac guys ;)

an stan i got no idea how to check that?

stan
01-05-2009, 14:39
Have you got the Omex software and a coms lead?

valver_Karl
01-05-2009, 14:47
na m8, dont even have a laptop.

Wobba
01-05-2009, 16:28
Did you replace the earth on the gearbox :?:

Might be something simple. Flat battery?

stan
01-05-2009, 16:35
Its cranking over, so presumably battery and earths are fine..

valver_Karl
01-05-2009, 17:01
ye re-charged the battery, and yup all earths ar on, its a mystery

Wobba
01-05-2009, 17:27
Didnt see the cranking bit lol.

Are there any batteries for storing the settings on the omex when it's unplugged or has no battery power? If it has and the onboard battery has run flat it could have lost the settings as previously mentioned.

See if you can borrow a laptop, install the management software and have a look that way.

Wobba
01-05-2009, 17:28
You can get hold of a USB>COM port cable and find the software on the net if you don't have it.

sideways danny
01-05-2009, 17:38
it can't "lose" the map. it's going to be something not re-fitted, or plugged in the wrong place. trapped a wire between the box and engine maybe?

valver_Karl
01-05-2009, 22:30
Didnt see the cranking bit lol.

Are there any batteries for storing the settings on the omex when it's unplugged or has no battery power? If it has and the onboard battery has run flat it could have lost the settings as previously mentioned.

See if you can borrow a laptop, install the management software and have a look that way.

wobba ye i supose i could, but dont u need to kinda knw wot ur doin on the omex software? i got no idea, lol,
oh an dan i wil check the loom an plugs ;)

volymmannen
01-05-2009, 23:54
If you connect the omex to a computer you can see if you get engine speed and you also have to get stat sync on or else you dont get fuel or sparks.
if yoy changed gearbox you removed the CPS if that is faulty the engine wont run..