PDA

View Full Version : valver or willy manifold ?

schakal
29-04-2009, 20:14
right i am getting ready for the 2 litre engine , its a
meggy f7r b/e + williams head with 33mm inlet valves .

1- is it true that using the valver log manifold will be better
for creating low down torque ?? or am i better of with a williams tubular
jobbie ??

2- are williams manifold and downpipe a direct replacement to the
valver manifold and downpipe or is there some modding involved to fit ?

number1
29-04-2009, 22:09
Williams manifold is better for top end apparently, not so good for low down grunt compared to the Valver item, however it seems the valver item stangles it up the top,
Mine made 169 with a valver manifold with a meg bottom end and ported valver head, Decat exhaust Gunnerchip and panel filter,
Ive since upgraded to a supersprint and it defintley pulls harder up the top, Cant say ive noticed a loss in low down power either tbh!

Fitting wise they both go on and bolt up in the same place, but the Downpipe to cat join is on a 45 degree angle compared to the valvers one, So you will need an adjustable Decat pipe

Robb
30-04-2009, 14:00
I've just changed from a valver manifold to a k-tec stainless joby and i can feel a bit difference in torque lower down but once it starts picking up it deffinatly pulls a lot harder high up in the rev range. Which could be because i also changed to a williams cylinder head to also change the feel.

Mine with a valver head and williams bottom end managed 137ftlbs at RS Tunning with massive over fueling. Good results! peak torque at 2700rpm and were constant throughout the entire rev range.

J o n
30-04-2009, 14:01
neither, both are shit, fit a 172 stainless manifold instead.