PDA

View Full Version : whats this please? lol

webby
25-04-2009, 17:13
managed to break this today which is nice.

what is it? so i can go buy a new 1 :oops:

i guess the long number is the product code?
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/minimania10/brokenlol.jpg

cheers, will

MatBrown
25-04-2009, 17:36
Looks like the Aux fuel pump to me.

Mat.

northy
25-04-2009, 21:35
where would i find this on a williams mat

MAXIBOY
25-04-2009, 21:49
on a little bracket on the outside of the axillary tank mate..towards the front of he car.

webby
25-04-2009, 21:53
just here northy... note the leakage on teh floor lol :shock:
http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt344/minimania10/leaklol.jpg

MAXIBOY
25-04-2009, 22:00
yeah moves fuel from the auxiliary to the main tank when its gets low..

webby
25-04-2009, 22:03
yeah moves fuel from the auxiliary to the main tank when its gets low..

so i aint lost fuel from my tank? just the aux tank????

MAXIBOY
25-04-2009, 22:08
don't know if it leaks back but i think it goes into the top of the tank iirc..

so yeah just the aux i think but not 100% without checking my photo's..

webby
25-04-2009, 22:13
don't know if it leaks back but i think it goes into the top of the tank iirc..

so yeah just the aux i think but not 100% without checking my photo's..

well thats nice to know i guess. now i just need a replacement

northy
26-04-2009, 21:46
and williams have them ? reason i ask as it looks like the loom plugs into it , no loom avaliable on a williams

webby
26-04-2009, 21:55
and williams have them ? reason i ask as it looks like the loom plugs into it , no loom avaliable on a williams

well it has a small plug on it but if its from the loom i wouldn't know. its an earlie clio and they only come on early 1ns im told so maybe its on williams 1 but not 2 or 3?
:?

MatBrown
26-04-2009, 22:01
Not on Williams, only on early phase 1 16v's.

Mat.

northy
27-04-2009, 21:20
so does the williams have a aux tank pump ?

webby
27-04-2009, 21:23
again i cant answer but i spoke to renault today and they have discontinued the pump now so im in the shit. need 1 for the mot on friday :x if any1 has 1 or is breaking a phase1 valver i would much appreciate a pm tyvm :cry:

northy
27-04-2009, 21:26
carnt you plug it for the mot ? or better still remove the aux tank and fit a 1.2 direct feed

webby
27-04-2009, 21:28
carnt you plug it for the mot ? or better still remove the aux tank and fit a 1.2 direct feed

hmmm this could be possible i guess, wonder if some1 can enlighten me on if i can actually do it? was thi nking of using super duper glue and seein if it will hold but then realised petrol will "melt" the glue :shock: HELP!

speed
27-04-2009, 22:24

if i was to fit a 1.2 tube what would i do with the wiring to the pump? just unplug the relay and dont let the level run low?

webby
27-04-2009, 22:27

if i was to fit a 1.2 tube what would i do with the wiring to the pump? just unplug the relay and dont let the level run low?

took the words right from my mouth lol. u got problems to speed??

Chadwick
28-04-2009, 00:10
isnt a pump a pump? just need to find another 12v fuel pump with the same tails coming off then wire it up as it was. The imput siganls wont change. (If its just the pump thats gone).

northy
28-04-2009, 12:38

yes, you would still get the light but less miles to the tank as youve removed part of it.

Wobba
28-04-2009, 13:44
How have you broken it exactly?

To remove aux tank:

Run the car so it’s redlined on fuel.

Jack the rear of the car up.

Remove O/S/R wheel. Undo a jubilee clasp/clip at the top of the fuel feed that connects aux to fuel filler.

Under car (near the pump) undo the jubilee clip for aux tank to main tank (there’s two, connecting short section of rubber hose, just need one off).

From wheel arch, follow a small rubber breather hose which connects at the top of the aux tank on the right hand side, carefully prise it off a plastic hose connector (it may have a small jubilee on it). These can break so be careful, if it does it's screwed your aux tank.

At the front there is a similar hose connector, it may be different for early valvers with fuel pump, not sure. Carefully pull hose from aux tank feed point.

Now all that remains to remove the aux tank are two bolts which by now you must have spotted. These bolt directly to the underside of the shell. They are notorious rot points, and can sometimes spin when you try and undo them. If you are lucky, they will just unbolt, do a bit at a time on each one so as to minimise risk of it falling on you and covering you in any residual fuel. Once near undone, lower the tank parallel to the ground. Don’t get dirt in the fuel pipes to the main tank!

Once off, put the aux tank somewhere away from children and pets and dust/flames.

You can either replace the pump or fit a 1.2 pipe. I believe it is a straight swap, and if not there are plenty of people here, Arj256 for example, that have done this conversion.

Refitting is a reversal of the above and simple logic only need be applied for a successful conclusion to your problem.

I may have mssed some stuff, but that's most of it. It's not hard unless the two securing bolts don't play ball.

speed
28-04-2009, 17:35

no probs with mine just want to save weight :D i just didnt want to affect wiring to the main pump, will keep an eye out for a 1.2 tube.

webby
28-04-2009, 17:37

no probs with mine just want to save weight :D i just didnt want to affect wiring to the main pump, will keep an eye out for a 1.2 tube.

well please send me your aux pump then??? lol i will pay u well and sort u a 1.2 neck if u need it?