PDA

View Full Version : Struts Original vs Others

fonsimaterazzi
20-04-2009, 17:58
Hi mates,

I am needing 2 struts for the front of my Willy..
I was on Renault and it was 80euro EACH..I wanna see the others near this price range.

I want original settings, or a little bit more stiffer...dont wanna COILS or hardcore suspension settings..its a everyday car with LOTS of bumpy roads..

Can you help me??
Konis Sport are cool enough, but I dont know the price or if it is hard to replace on the original struts..since here where I am there isnīt any Koni main dealer to fit me the struts...

Cheers and thank you very much

Afonso :twisted:

Evogone
20-04-2009, 17:59
Or bilsteins which are stronger than Koni.

fonsimaterazzi
21-04-2009, 01:48
which Bilstein model mate??

How about prices???

cheers,

Evogone
21-04-2009, 10:00
Bilstein B6 (same length as std)

Search the web for Clio Williams Bilstein and there are loads of places in Europe that sell these and also as a kit with front springs. About 600 E

fonsimaterazzi
21-04-2009, 12:04
Thankx mate,

I just want the struts..I dont think the Williams needs to be lowered.. :twisted: , and I have very bumpy "stages" around here.. :P

I just need 2 struts for the front:D

What about the fitting, its complete struts or its like "charges that fit in the original struts"???

Hmm..600euro are for the kit for front and rear right??

Original ones are 80euro each for the front..I just want around these price..nothing too high...

I saw some KYB Ultra SR ( gold range ) and they only make for the 16v..not for the williams...I can say that it is a good value for the money those struts..I had them in my Ibiza GT TDi..and it were OK..;)

KYB ULTRA SR for 16v ...2 for the front, 125euro...dammm....

MAXIBOY
21-04-2009, 12:32
only difference is the bolts holes iirc..

should be the same in other respects..

fonsimaterazzi
22-04-2009, 12:39
But can you fit it in the Williams??

What I have to do for bolt on the valver struts??

Other thing, anyone know the Bilstein B4 and B6 references for the Williams??

Thanks a lot,

Afonso

MAXIBOY
22-04-2009, 12:57
iirc you need to either slot the bolt holes to allow for camber adjustment or fit camber adjusting top mounts.

fonsimaterazzi
22-04-2009, 18:29
Ehhmm...

Thanks for the answer..but I think I will just buy a specific for the Williams struts..:|

Here where I am..I think thereīs no one which can make a good suspension work...and suspension and tyres..are 2 things which I dont wanna mess with it.. :wink:

Cheers

ps: Any other options for me??? Struts for a Williams...a little bit stiffer than original ones...nothing hardcore.. :twisted: