PDA

View Full Version : MB Performance short shift

tender
17-04-2009, 08:08
MB Performance say :-

The shortshifter which is suited for the Renault 5 ('85-'90), Renault Clio ('91-96), Renault Megane ('96-'02), Renault 19,
Clio Sport 172 and the Clio Sport 182 has been developed in close cooperation with experienced engineers and designers.
The result is a optical very nice product of high quality which is characterized by the following features:

-- Highly accurate fabrication tolerances, which results in fast and easy shifting;
-- A reduction in movement with 25% - 30%, and in combination with our special
clutch pin even a reduction of 45% - 50%;
-- Use of high-quality and durable materials such as stainless steel and
aluminium;
-- Maintenance free by using a self-lubricating precision bearing;
-- The shortshifter is polished.
-- The shortshifter has a lifetime warranty;

£140 ono

Evogone
17-04-2009, 09:47
50 quid on ebay....

rob-legend
17-04-2009, 18:08
true.

tender
17-04-2009, 23:22
Seriously gutted in that case, i paid £200 and haventhad itout thebox :(

Ghostvalver
18-04-2009, 18:20
pictures?

is it same as one off ebay?

Evogone
19-04-2009, 19:48
I have the ebay one fitted in the rally car, needed linkage adjusting but once done its great.!

tender
21-04-2009, 10:33
This is the one i have :-

http://www.mbcarperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=680_885_1333&products_id=3054

northy
21-04-2009, 15:31
tender - that gear stick you have is worth £200

You can tell as yours has the brass bush where the selector rod goes through (ebay ones are nylon like the B&M), plus you have printing on the knob.

tender
22-04-2009, 16:47
Cheers Northy,
Nice to know i havent been robbed!!

eternalife
22-04-2009, 22:42

You can tell as yours has the brass bush where the selector rod goes through (ebay ones are nylon like the B&M), plus you have printing on the knob.

Couldn't agree more.
The best never comes cheap.

Evogone
22-04-2009, 23:17

Couldn't agree more.

lol 150 quid for a brass bush......

eternalife
22-04-2009, 23:33

Couldn't agree more.

You run the risk of ending up being one of them people that say...''Paying all that extra insurance to drive a Williams when the 16v is 'nearly' just as good'' :roll: :wink:

You pays your money - you make your choice.

ThRaXaIR
23-04-2009, 20:38

nothing better than a spot of printing on your knob i always find...

northy
23-04-2009, 20:44
too right.

I have never seen the ones on ebay for £50 in person so cannot comment.

The BB Tunning / MB one is the best one i have used to date. Miles better than the B&M

Richardcard1974
23-04-2009, 20:50
Are the BB and MB ones exactly the same then? I have a B & M and its better than standard, but I dont like the knob much. I prefere the ones with the round knobs.

Id also like to get a taller knob so i can have more movement in the shift as i only fitted it to crispen up the shift a bit,without wanting to speed the shift.

Ideally id like a standard gear lever with metal pivot.

ThRaXaIR
23-04-2009, 20:52
Are the BB and MB ones exactly the same then? I have a B & M and its better than standard, but I dont like the knob much. I prefere the ones with the round knobs.

Id also like to get a taller knob so i can have more movement in the shift as i only fitted it to crispen up the shift a bit,without wanting to speed the shift.

Ideally id like a standard gear lever with metal pivot.

dude are you toying with me cos thats alot of knob talk?!?

northy
23-04-2009, 20:54
yes, MB performance make them and BB tunning sold them in the UK.

Ive done many a comparrison between the two. At this moment in time nothing is better.

MB is longer than B&M (in a standard seated williams the B&M in my opp is too low down), MB has a metal pivot bush and the B&M nylon

The MB one actually makes me shift slower due to its tightness. If your not slow and precise you can easly get a neutral

Richardcard1974
23-04-2009, 21:21
Tender can you post a pic of your actual gear lever so i can see it in detail please?

Evogone
23-04-2009, 23:54
Id also like to get a taller knob

Oh well you carnt have everything........ ya ya ya ya ya ya

Yanoo_
24-04-2009, 07:22
I cannot imagine how the ebay version can be only £50. When I made my short shifter I did a cost analysis: SKF radial spherical plain bearing £24, material cost (high quality stainless steel: £29 or cink plated steel: £20), manufacturing cost (CNC turning): £25 (with discount at my workplace) + other costs (PTFE parts etc.): £10. The total cost would be £88 (Hungarian net cost, calculated for 10 pieces). My friends said it would have been too expensive for them, therefore I had to replan the short shifter. The final version uses the genuine gearstick (shortened), ball joint and gearknob (new parts: small gear linkage, short reverse-lock sleeve and ball joint housing). This kit is £48.
Now, I'm testing it with an adjustable ball joint housing. The housing may be tightened from the passenger cab / driver seat, the 'shift force' (the movement of the gear stick) may be easy or strong as you want. Here is an animation how this works:

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/Stiff_Shift_2.wmv

Anyway, if somebody can explain how the ebay version can be so cheap, please let me know. :)

Evogone
25-04-2009, 09:58
I cannot imagine how the ebay version can be only £50. When I made my short shifter I did a cost analysis: SKF radial spherical plain bearing £24, material cost (high quality stainless steel: £29 or cink plated steel: £20), manufacturing cost (CNC turning): £25 (with discount at my workplace) + other costs (PTFE parts etc.): £10. The total cost would be £88 (Hungarian net cost, calculated for 10 pieces). My friends said it would have been too expensive for them, therefore I had to replan the short shifter. The final version uses the genuine gearstick (shortened), ball joint and gearknob (new parts: small gear linkage, short reverse-lock sleeve and ball joint housing). This kit is £48.
Now, I'm testing it with an adjustable ball joint housing. The housing may be tightened from the passenger cab / driver seat, the 'shift force' (the movement of the gear stick) may be easy or strong as you want. Here is an animation how this works:

http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/Stiff_Shift_2.wmv

Anyway, if somebody can explain how the ebay version can be so cheap, please let me know. :)

Saturday morning job lot on the side :wink: ......£50 sale price £50 :D profit.....

Richardcard1974
25-04-2009, 19:04

Couldn't agree more.

You run the risk of ending up being one of them people that say...''Paying all that extra insurance to drive a Williams when the 16v is 'nearly' just as good'' :roll: :wink:

You pays your money - you make your choice.

This is surely post of the month?