PDA

View Full Version : Rear beam refurbing

Adi82
13-04-2009, 16:25
This morning I removed the rear beam from my Williams so that it can be shot blasted and powder coated. I needed to fit new rear brake bias compensator, calipers and discs anyway so decided to do it all in one.

A few questions I need anwsers to. I have stripped all of the rear beam down apart from the torsion bars which i'm going to remove as soon as I have the right bolt. I'm guessing the other two bars the ones at the back act as anti roll bars? can these be removed in the same way? Will I need to remove them to get it shot blasted and powder coated?

I have also removed the 4 torx bolts that hold the caliper mount and disc guard on. However I can't seem to remove the brakcet from the beam any ideas?

I heard you can also install roller bearings to the beam instead of bushes and stiffer torsion bars any information on these? Are the stiffer bars the rear ones or the front ones?

MAXIBOY
13-04-2009, 18:05
hi mate..

you can remove the anti roll bars but there is no need.

not sure on the bracket..will check on this.

you can fit roller bearings as the works cars used too. yet to get any info on this though. front vw ones from a passet look a good fit..
rally cars had stiffer bars but there very expensive. i am about the measure extra van bars for thickness and to see if these are thicker and can be used as an upgrade.

there the front ones..

stevie_b
13-04-2009, 20:28
Bracket onto the beam is just an interference fit. Give it a tap from behind with a hammer if you have all the Torx screws out already.