PDA

View Full Version : piper cams

rob-legend
11-04-2009, 11:58
has anyone used these? they seem quite reasonably priced too

jay s
11-04-2009, 12:47
im using piper 270's, have ran them for around 45k now and have been faultless :D ive been very happy with them so have just upgraded to a set of 285's. most people will tell you that a set of cat cam 225's are alot better but belive me they are more less the same. 225's provide a little extra midrange punch where as the 270's pull more topend. i have tested this lots of times against 225 users and its the same result every time :D :wink:

sideways danny
11-04-2009, 13:53
Nothing wrong with Piper cams in an F7. Cat offer a better range of profiles for different uses and are also very good. Whatever you choose, the mapping to go with it will be the big difference

Mr.AdamB
11-04-2009, 17:31
im using piper 270's, have ran them for around 45k now and have been faultless :D ive been very happy with them so have just upgraded to a set of 285's. most people will tell you that a set of cat cam 225's are alot better but belive me they are more less the same. 225's provide a little extra midrange punch where as the 270's pull more topend. i have tested this lots of times against 225 users and its the same result every time :D :wink:

LOL tested it vs me and u diddnt pull on me topend.. :twisted:

AND i had half a tank of feul, passenger, luggage.. you had no feul,no passenger and no luggage. and it was as close as it could get, all the way to tripple figures side by side.. pfff piper poop. 225 FTW!

:twisted:

jay s
11-04-2009, 17:39

AND i had half a tank of feul, passenger, luggage.. you had no feul,no passenger and no luggage. and it was as close as it could get, all the way to tripple figures side by side.. pfff piper poop. 225 is very good in my books!

lol by 120 i was a good cars length in front on both occasions and it stayed that way till the limiter :wink: we had the same amount of fuel as we both put a tenner in, yes you had a paasanger but your car weighs a good 60kg lighter and yours missis does'nt look that big :wink: so id say evens and i had my 16's on which slows topend performance ( but look good :D ) but dont worry ive tessted against other users aswell and its the same result :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr.AdamB
11-04-2009, 18:22

AND i had half a tank of feul, passenger, luggage.. you had no feul,no passenger and no luggage. and it was as close as it could get, all the way to tripple figures side by side.. pfff piper poop. 225 is very good in my books!

lol by 120 i was a good cars length in front on both occasions and it stayed that way till the limiter :wink: we had the same amount of fuel as we both put a tenner in, yes you had a paasanger but your car weighs a good 60kg lighter and yours missis does'nt look that big :wink: so id say evens and i had my 16's on which slows topend performance ( but look good :D ) but dont worry ive tessted against other users aswell and its the same result :lol: :lol: :lol:

funny thing is i know ure chatting shit :) shame no one else was there to actually see it!

Richardcard1974
11-04-2009, 18:59
I Have piper 270s and they seem fine to me.

jay s
11-04-2009, 18:59
we can always try again, im quite happy to refresh your memory and bring a cam this time so you won't forget :lol:

Mr.AdamB
11-04-2009, 19:05
was going to say the same thing.. :twisted: ....13.9 one off boy :wink:

we love it tho really... :) well i do anyway.

jay s
11-04-2009, 19:14
i'll have you know i ran 3 consistant 13.9's thank you :lol: :wink: unlike you who ran 1 very lucky 13.7 ( timing machine was ****ed so i heard ) :wink: also using semi slicks :clap:

but yeah love it too lol, so name a date and i'll be ready as always ( should really try come brands mate, i'll teach you how to drive aswell :wink: ) :rally:

Mr.AdamB
11-04-2009, 19:22
one 13.9, two 13.8s and a 13.7 that time hehe.. and last time i ran cinsistant 13s apart from 2 runs which i f**ked up :P

o yes i loves it.

i would come to brands but u probably be trying so hard to keep up and put it into the wall or something so im not comming for ure own good dont you realise? :wink:

im off now speak to you soon on msn anyway :-D

Mr.AdamB
11-04-2009, 19:25
has anyone used these? they seem quite reasonably priced too

oh sorry for hijackign the thread....

piper cams are ok... considering jays HAS run 13s.. so piper cams cant be all bad, catcams are more highly regarded as makign the best cams but gains are lal the same, jay may have more bhp, but i have more torque.

midge
12-04-2009, 19:20
if you have the choice go for the catcams, i dont know if thier more expensive though, if they are a fair bit more then go for the 270's.

Evogone
27-05-2009, 11:58
Do you need verniers and remap or just bung them in..??

J o n
27-05-2009, 12:18
You will ideally run verniers and remap, but it's not necessary, as when (T)AWT did mine he never put put the pulleys on as they fouled the timing cover. Still made more power on standard pulleys and stock ECU than before cams, but with 2 live's remapped ECU it was quick as fook :)

My mates engine I got for him has Piper 270's too, certainly not as quick an engine as mine was and it was mapped, with verniers and a gas flowed head (all done by Hillpower). Performance varies a lot engine to engine as we know

16v_paddy
27-05-2009, 18:26
I'm getting a freshly built F7P with piper 270's in it, not sure if it's got vernier pulleys though :?

If I put some verniers on & got it mapped properly what sort of improvements will I gain over an old & tired valver lump?

LEIGH-ANNE
28-05-2009, 16:04
LOL @ jay and adam.....why cant all arguments be that nice :wink:

Ok, so im intrested now *cough cough*

So how much would veniers, 225's and a new map set me back? :D

This is a secret btw....

midge
29-05-2009, 12:58
about 1k. iirc the cams are £360, the pulleys about £200 and mapping done at rstuning is around £400 + fitting of cams of course. if you can find some pulleys second hand you can save money (i used some piper pulleys that came from a breaker i bought) remember to do the tappets at the same time.

my car made 149.8 ATW when mapped at hillpower.

rob-legend
29-05-2009, 17:19
^^ is that for cat cams?

midge
29-05-2009, 17:22
yes, given the choice i would choose the cats (i did have hte choice when i was buying!)

both mine and jays were mapped on the same weekend, mine made a couple more bhp and his made a couple more torque, Nick said jays made a couple lbft more because of his supersprint manifold (i was on williams)

LEIGH-ANNE
01-06-2009, 10:55
thanks midge..... :-k