PDA

View Full Version : What carpet cleaner?

kneesparks
09-04-2009, 21:30
Hi all im going to take my seats out and give the carpet a good going over, what sort of grime shifter should i use? I have some grease marks from various oily car parts iv thrown in the foot well and it just looks nasty. :oops: :roll:
Was thinking about usin shampoo but dont think it will sift the oily marks?! :roll:

MatrixGuy
09-04-2009, 21:34
If your buying from Halfrauds try Autoglym Shampoo.

I use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner, which works very well.

Spray on, agitate with upholstery brush and then use wet vac to pick up liquid or air dry.

MatrixGuy
09-04-2009, 21:38
oh, forgot to say you need to vacuum the carpet thoroughly before cleaning. lol.

check out this shop, really good products, which i use alot of :)

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/cat_10.html

kneesparks
09-04-2009, 21:50
Cheers mate, I dont have a wet vac tho so may just have to scrub alot! :shock:

MatrixGuy
10-04-2009, 08:23
Cheers mate, I dont have a wet vac tho so may just have to scrub alot! :shock:

It can be done mate, you may need some stronger cleaning products depending on how bad it is.

LEIGH-ANNE
10-04-2009, 14:40
I hire out a thing called the RUGDOCTOR, can get it from homebase or B&Q

Its a ****in amazing cleaner FULL STOP!! You will get every single bit of dirt out of ur carpet, i hired one 2 days ago to do my house and car......all sparkling now!

This thing will amaze u at how much dirt it brings up....IMO not worth scrubbing until ur hearts content. No scrubbing involved.

This will cost ya, £19.99 to hire.....then the solution, but i suppose u can put any solution in it. It is well worth the money. And i am a clean freak :oops:

webby
10-04-2009, 15:13

Its a F***IN amazing cleaner FULL STOP!! You will get every single bit of dirt out of ur carpet, i hired one 2 days ago to do my house and car......all sparkling now!

This thing will amaze u at how much dirt it brings up....IMO not worth scrubbing until ur hearts content. No scrubbing involved.

This will cost ya, £19.99 to hire.....then the solution, but i suppose u can put any solution in it. It is well worth the money. And i am a clean freak :oops:

tottally agree here^^ rugdoctor owns carpet cleaning! get it sorted :doit:

MatrixGuy
10-04-2009, 16:19
RUGDOCTOR sounds good, never heard of it.

kneesparks
10-04-2009, 17:46

Its a F***IN amazing cleaner FULL STOP!! You will get every single bit of dirt out of ur carpet, i hired one 2 days ago to do my house and car......all sparkling now!

Ooh sounds good, Iv got the seats out now and had a go with a few cleaning agents, been scrubbin now its started rainin so lets iv left it to dry wit the seats out, so will see how well it comes up in mornin then maybe av a go at getting this rugDR, from home base. Ta :wink:

LEIGH-ANNE
16-04-2009, 12:38

Ooh sounds good, Iv got the seats out now and had a go with a few cleaning agents, been scrubbin now its started rainin so lets iv left it to dry wit the seats out, so will see how well it comes up in mornin then maybe av a go at getting this rugDR, from home base. Ta :wink:

Not a problemo

All looking blue again i take it now?