PDA

View Full Version : GAZ GOLD vs LEDA - Whats the difference ?

Evogone
07-04-2009, 19:13
They look identical ? Whats the difference?

MAXIBOY
07-04-2009, 20:30
very little i would think as they are produce in the same place now..

Evogone
07-04-2009, 22:12
very little i would think as they are produce in the same place now..

Same place ? where is that ?

I thought GAZ was in ESSEX and LEDA n DERBY now... do they just sub the part out and assemble?

stevie_b
07-04-2009, 23:28
Leda was in Essex, just down the road from me, but went under and I think was bought out and are now up north somewhere.

MAXIBOY
07-04-2009, 23:30
gaz bought leda last year iirc..so i guess the technology damper rates etc must be very similar..

though i guess ledas could still contain better components as the more expensive brand..

but as your say the gaz range has reformed since the leda takeover

stevie_b
07-04-2009, 23:35
Interesting... I have LEDA on the Clio and GAZ on one of the Scoobies so have an interest in both. Both were local to me. I know LEDA moved as I have just bought some shocks from them and they are no longer down the road in Braintree. However, when I look at the GAZ site they are still in Essex where they fitted them to my Scooby - so if they bought LEDA (I've heard this a few times before on here) then why not move the operation down the road into their Basildon location rather than right up the country?

MAXIBOY
08-04-2009, 00:05
cheap northern workers i assume.. :D

not sure mate..might be bought by the parent company and not have much in common as the lower levels..

just since the takeover gaz shocks have started to look like ledas as well..

might be kept separate to allow differing development..

no idea really mate..just what i have heard though supplies like demon tweeks etc..

Evogone
08-04-2009, 07:44

not sure mate..might be bought by the parent company and not have much in common as the lower levels..

no idea really mate..just what i have heard though supplies like demon tweeks etc..

GAZ have not bought LEDA at all...!

They were bought by some company that do F1 part i think it was EPM technologies and based in Derby.

My question stands, whats the difference between the two as side by side they look identical.

Richardcard1974
08-04-2009, 12:09

Ashbourne is in the midlands mate. And its not the cheapest place in the country to live.

Evogone
20-04-2009, 18:01
Conclusion is that they are the same thing....!!!

GAZ Gold= 800 quid

LEDA = 1200 quid

Only difference is Leda come with Eibach springs as std.

Has anyone got GAZ Golds fitted ???? everyone raves about LEDA so should be same feedback ????