PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler

preston420
07-04-2009, 13:09
does any one no about oil coolers for the williams, whilste my engine is been refurbed the guy sed they was quite a bit of carbon in it from the oil cooler not working properly and the oil heating up too much and realesing alot of carbon,?> does any one no anything about this and where to get a new oil cooler from cheapish cheers mark

MAXIBOY
07-04-2009, 17:58
if i was you i would tend to blame that on poor oil or infrequent oil changes..

they tend to do alright on the standard cooler/warmer until either used on track or prolonged high revs..

can add a thermostatic air/oil cooler but not really needed on a otherwise lightly modded road car..in my opionion..

a decent set up is around 150 quid though if you do want to swap the original item..

preston420
09-04-2009, 13:17
kk thanks for that mate, one more thing is the oil cooler on the williams attachted to the oil filter or the raditor and how is the oil cooled down ???????????????

MAXIBOY
09-04-2009, 13:44
hi mate.

its sits behind the oil filter and its is warmed/cooled by the engine coolant and thus the radiator. its just a take off on the filter base.

you can fit an air/oil cooler but would need a thermostat ideally as not to over cool. this has a few advantages such as increase oil capacity better oil cooling and slightly less load on the engine cooling system.

preston420
11-04-2009, 22:38
sound matey nice one ill sort it out shud be ready soon