PDA

View Full Version : colder plugs??

The Raiderman
05-07-2005, 21:42
Looking to get some colder plugs for my willy, think what we all use is a grade 6 so looking to go for a higher grade 7 which is slightly cooler,
anyone know of NGK plugs that are colder than the ones we all use?>?

Jim

Fred
05-07-2005, 22:31
why do you need them????? std ones are fine

Martin
05-07-2005, 22:36
running nitrous iirc

BRUN
05-07-2005, 22:52
standard plug is a BKR6EK, so you want a BKR7EK then if 7 is colder, dont pay more than £3.50 a plug for these

you could try the iridiums, BKR7EIX but they are a LOT more expensive, expect to pay up to £40 for 4 at retail prices, even trade they aint cheap but i could probably do you a set for £30 at a push

The Raiderman
07-07-2005, 07:57
yeah running nitrous, thanks brun i might be in touch, cheapest plugs i can find of grade 7 are £19 each!!!

BenR
07-07-2005, 10:10
depending on how much your running and how well you control the ignition, try 6's first.
NGK's have the best temp range i have ever come across and i've run 6's on nitro before for extended durations, no problem.

Just make sureyou control the fuel and ignition well.

The Raiderman
08-07-2005, 12:47
Ben, i`m using a Dry kit so i have no control over how much fuel is being used, i`m rather hoping the ecu will control all that for me.

BenR
08-07-2005, 20:47
A DRY KIT!

what car, and what setup are you using to control the fueling?

The Raiderman
09-07-2005, 09:53
Basically i`m using a NOS/holley Dry nitrous kit, it basically comprises of 2 nitrous solienoids connected together via a plunger which goes to a t piece with a 42 fuel jet at the fuel pressure regulator, everything is then connected to a relay which in turn is connected to the battery, a switch, a microswitch, the solienoids and a safetey switch, got the kit off a bloke called Roger upperton if ya know him

Using this on my williams, he says that the engine is not really designed for a wet kit as it is hard to get the fuel and air mixture right in the throttle body and as standard the williams body is only designed for air induction and it would be difficult to provide all 4 cylinders with the exact same amount of nitro/fuel mix using a wet kit. unless i go direct port which i can not afford

I understand that the ecu can only provide so much extra fuelling but i`m not running big jets (22) so i`m hoping its all gunna be safe

BenR
09-07-2005, 10:29
thought you would be running bottle pressure on the fuel reg........good luck, i never touch that method.

the manifold is fine for a wet kit, its pretty good at distributing air evenly, so an emulsion of N20 and fuel is fine....so long as you place the fogger in the right place and relation to airflow which is the tricky part.

i used to sell and install WON kits, so been there a few times.

good luck bud!