PDA

View Full Version : Fed Up

big hp
05-07-2005, 20:27
I'm getting fed up with the constant bickering and one up manship on here at the moment. I'm not alone. I love this place but i'm slowly being put off, so imagine what new members must think.

I hope things improve as I don't wanna have to find a new home. I know Northy has his hands full and is trying to address the issue and I appreciate that.

Am kinda reluctant to commit to Santa Pod or Trax with the club (of which i'm going to both) for fear of a shitty atmosphere and no-one talking to each other etc. Would rather park in car park and enjoy the day. This is not what were about guys. I don't want name calling and blaming others everyones to blame for the current state of affairs.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

Scott

2 live
05-07-2005, 20:44
i agree.but i think most posts are put up in defense from an argumentative member

J o n
05-07-2005, 20:48
i also agree and acknowledge i'm partly to blame, but i've never given shit to anyone without what I feel is a good reason.

big hp
05-07-2005, 20:50
Like I said i'm not name calling etc and I appreciate it takes two. It just makes us look stupid.

Winston
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

CHILL WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martin
I can't agree more Scott, we need some action...and to think this place used to moderate itself nothing touched for about 6 months... :(

richy
05-07-2005, 20:52
tbh its has happened but i think it has improved and seems to be from my point of view back to normal, of course it may of left a bitter taste for ppl, but i think everything is going ok now

Martin
05-07-2005, 21:00
aye but there is still an underlying atmosphere imo....does'nt bother me too much though..and would'nt stop me going to any events or coming on the forum...

richy
05-07-2005, 21:05
maybe there is but i think we all grown up enough to just forget about it and get on ! i dont have any grudges against anyone why should i!

northy
06-07-2005, 08:50
The last two weeks have been almost back to normal. But i have found a increase in users signing up to have a go at members.... this isn’t tolerated, but researching peoples history with other users takes its time.

I have cautioned the new members like I have cautioned the regulars....(one caution then a weeks suspension) but I carnt be having people swearing at other users when they don’t like something that’s posted. It disrupts the forum and drags it down.

Just recently its been like back at school. I’m a very handsome teacher with a class of 12year old lads. If one disrupts the class they are removed SIMPLE. I’m sure it worked like this when you guys were all there and something, which is now in place on this forum. But with my inexperience of this kind of work - I let some topics run in the hope they would sort themselves out. Won’t make that mistake again :wink:

A summary of what is acceptable is posted here.

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3711

I have asked people to send me links to posts - that they feel are unsuitable and not to respond in person. BUT this worked for a day and was then forgotten. If people don’t send me the link I cannot make a decision do something about it.

I have banned two non-regular users this week alone, and it’s getting me down to be honest. I have had no time to spend working on merchandise and the members areas as I’ve been exchanging pm's every second. If fatboy was here – he would have shut the forum down completely and emptied a lorry load of Stella….over the grief its caused hey mate ?

I’m sorry that users are leaving, hell enough left our sister site, but I need you guys to make the club what it is. I’ve no idea of where all this talk of members not talking too one another...I never stopped until 3pm. The club is just establishing itself and will soon be fully sorted. With comities and secretaries. With the size it’s growing to I cannot handle this on my own.

Think I thanked everyone of you for taking time to display your car on the stand.... and hope that every show or track day you come on is remembered for the site of 30 Williams all-gleaming in the sun.

All conversations with users causing problems are done via pm so things are getting resolved. No mod will post publicly. Every week someone gets some new info or gossip and it starts all over again on here. Its unreal

Anyway I’m on 7.30 - 6.00pm Monday to Friday and will be on most nights once I get a pc for my new house. So I can monitor more closely then.

Once again Im sorry for not dealing with the issues straight away – and will try and deal with it the best I can.

Can I take this opportunity to ask someone to post - if they can help Summeh and myself moderate the forum. 2 moderators isn’t enough at the minute and would ensure that we get the regular posting hours fully covered.

Many thanks for posting Scott, and I do hope that I don’t have to read any more posts like this.

Love northy

big hp
06-07-2005, 09:24
We love you too northy. Your my hero :oops:

northy
06-07-2005, 09:33
:lol:

2 live
06-07-2005, 09:39
sister site????

whos that then??

u surely dont mean the site that would delete all links even in posts , that had a link to this site??

snakeylady
06-07-2005, 13:08
I personally think you guys do a brilliant job - specially as yu're going through a house move [always a nightmare stress!!!!] if there is anything I can help with just let me know - only problem is lack of computer skills! still aything else just let me know :)

northy
06-07-2005, 13:10
you have done more than enough already.....thank you again.

All in control now big hp is on board as a mod.

FATBOY
06-07-2005, 20:34
grand job mate! keep it up!!!