PDA

View Full Version : reset?

webby
01-04-2009, 20:16
well the battery ran completly out of juice on the hybrid while its sat on my drive for 3 weeks waiting for a chip and now i have charged thebattery it wnt even crank, all it must be is a reset needed of some kind as fuel primes ecu buzzes etc.... whats the crack? sheers, will

MAXIBOY
01-04-2009, 20:25
first off why did it run flat in just three weeks without some kind of fault..

then when you charged the battery have you tested the voltage..

and again when under cranking load..

fuel pump requires loads less power to run than to crank the car..

i would think the battery's not up too the job..

webby
01-04-2009, 20:32
i had an amp lead shorting the battery i think and it ran down quite quick :oops: shall leave it on charge alot longer and see the case tomorrow

MAXIBOY
01-04-2009, 20:35
they are not designed to run fully flat really car batterys might have killed it..

webby
01-04-2009, 20:44
np, new battery can be sorted tomoz if its not charging. ty

webby
02-04-2009, 17:26
i have fitted a new battery and still the dash lights come on (battery handbreak etc) and the oil guages flick up but nothin happens off the key? :oops: next to my engine temp guage a red bulb is lit, not sure if thats normal... any wizards out there that can help pwease?

MAXIBOY
02-04-2009, 17:33
immboliser fault maybe..

MAXIBOY
02-04-2009, 17:35
or second thoughts i'm sure they still crank..

so either a bad earth
the starter motor solenoid wire has come off or failed completely

summeh
02-04-2009, 17:38
Its not uncommon for a battery to be run flat within a couple weeks, even a week if its sat doing nothing. It all depends on the condition of the battery and how many times its been "run flat", and its remaining capacity/ability to be charged fully.

A car battery is not a truely rechargable battery. If you run it flat once, it will only ever recharge to about half the original capacity, do this a few more times and you have a car battery with very little capacity, even though it may start the car (starting a car requires only a little power, as little as 1amp/hour), so the juice can go right down until all off a sudden it wont start/power anything.

In these circumstances (battery not ever fully charging properly) people often believe the alternator to be at fault - which is normally very unlikely.

Basically if you let it run flat your ruining the battery.

summeh
02-04-2009, 17:40
does the car still crank?

if so may be a dodgy ecu chip (gunnerchip right?), try your original chip and see if it works... if it turns out to be your gunnerchip i can do you one.

webby
02-04-2009, 17:56
does the car still crank?

if so may be a dodgy ecu chip (gunnerchip right?), try your original chip and see if it works... if it turns out to be your gunnerchip i can do you one.

car does not crank but i have just managed to bump it so its the starter right? i have a valver starter spare will that fit? no chip fitted as its still not arrived :roll:

MAXIBOY
02-04-2009, 18:05
either starter
earth leads
or the white starter wire..

webby
02-04-2009, 18:15
either starter
earth leads
or the white starter wire..

hmmm didnt know a white wire was on the starter, i did the earths. gr8 fun lol

webby
02-04-2009, 18:19
so will the valver starter fit or do i need a different 1?

MAXIBOY
02-04-2009, 18:29
not sure mate..some do some don't..think its to do with the number of teeth..

their should be a little white wire with a spade on that goes the the starter solenoid iirc

webby
02-04-2009, 18:31
not sure mate..some do some don't..think its to do with the number of teeth..

their should be a little white wire with a spade on that goes the the starter solenoid iirc

cheers, i shall pop out and have a butchers as its nice still

summeh
02-04-2009, 19:56
if your running a williams block and you've a standard OEM starter motor (for a valver) then it will not fit, i have tried but the engine gets in the way, lol.

The 2ltr engine requires a slimmer starter motor.

Can you hear a click when you turn the key? If so then the solenoid is working fine and starter is dead.

If you dont hear a click then could be the solenoid is dead/dieing. In which case whack it with a hammer and then try starting her again.

If you need a cheap brand new uprated super-duper slim light weight starter motor then here's the one you want:

http://www.woodauto.com/Unit.aspx?Man=PARIS-RHONE&Ref=D6RA133

Number of teeth should not make any difference btw.

Or any from the cross reference section here will do: http://www.woodauto.com/Component.aspx?Ref=EXS330009102

D6RA133 is what i've got fitted to my williams, and it's what BBPT used to sell for 130 odd quid as an "uprated" starter, :lol: