PDA

View Full Version : bleeding brakes

rob-legend
30-03-2009, 22:54
whats the order to do them? also, is there a different order for cars with abs?

MAXIBOY
30-03-2009, 23:35
no but i think the ignition needs to be on..or the engine running iirc...

stevie_b
30-03-2009, 23:56
I don't have ABS but can highly recommend the Gunson Eazibleed system. I have spent many a year bleeding brakes in a more 'conventional' manner and only when I was stuck with the project Clio (due to an airlock in the master cylinder having removed it for painting) did I go and buy an Eazibleed and it was so laughably easy I was kicking myself for not buying one ten years ago. No more need to get a helper (the wife!) when you bleed the brakes. They are only about £15 too! Money well spent I think, and one of the best car-specific tools I have bought to date.

Tanks
31-03-2009, 02:26
I got to do this aswell. Or should i just pay craig to do it :lol:

Wobba
31-03-2009, 12:31
Right hand rear

Left hand front

Left hand rear

Right hand front

It's corrosive stuff so be careful of the paintwork!

Keep a regular eye on the top up tank, dont let it go too low or you will suck air into the system and have to start all over again...

I rest the bleed blottle on the wishbones or rear suspension as the air travels more readily from the calipers out of the system that way (air rises).

I found it to be a boring exercise of constantly checking and topping up the brake fluid and trying to not spill any...

stevie_b
31-03-2009, 13:48
Ideally support the rear of the car using the beam, rather than stands under the sills, as this will ensure the bias valve is as open as possible. (Or if like me you have junked this and have an in-car bias controller then set that to the most open setting before you do the bleeding).

As Wobba says you need to make sure the level in the reservoir doesn't drop too low and let air back into the system. The Eazibleed has a big container that you fill with the brake fluid so it even refills the reservoir as you bleed!

eternalife
06-04-2009, 10:26

Do remember reading (in haynes possibly...) different order for abs and non-abs cars.

busterhymes
06-04-2009, 10:57

Do remember reading (in haynes possibly...) different order for abs and non-abs cars.

ur right it is different do in following order for ABS model

left hand front brake
right hand front brake
left hand rear brake
right hand rear brake

used an eezi bleed kit over the weekend to do mine makes the job a breeze

eternalife
06-04-2009, 22:00

ur right it is different do in following order for ABS model

left hand front brake
right hand front brake
left hand rear brake
right hand rear brake

used an eezi bleed kit over the weekend to do mine makes the job a breeze

8)

Bleed bleeding flush change renew sequence method procedure abs non-abs brake fluid dot4 system ...

...There we are - should be easier for folk to find the two procedures using the search button now :D