PDA

View Full Version : How much should I expect??

NorthernAlex
25-03-2009, 12:03
Hi,

After four months of my Williams 1 being sat on the drive I have decided it's time to sell. Just before Christmas someone went into the back passenger side quarter (right on the wheel arch) causing what has been quoted as £650 damage (£950 main dealer) but as I have got another car in the meantime I cant justify keeping it.

Anyway onto my reason for posting, what would be the best way to sell and what sort of price should I be asking? The car itself has done 90k and I have had it five years, its MOT's until June and would say that prior to its accident all it needed was a rear bumper (has some scratches) and the rear arches doing and also around the petrol cap (inside bit under the cover) ironically to fix it one arch would need to be done anyway.

The allows are refusbished and mint, the body work including bonnet is all good and is a perfect starter everytime, the interior also is very good and just needs a decent head unit. Only other things I can think of is the central locking doesnt work and nor does the internal light and the rear wiper needs a new motor and cover.

Any help/advice appreciated.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/jenny_stone/DSC01118.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/jenny_stone/DSC01122.jpg

Jamie.
25-03-2009, 14:16
Worst case scenario is about £1,200 I would say.

I know a couple of Williams 1's going around the £1,500 mark which were/are in good condition.

Not many people will buy it like that although it is a good time to get the arch done as there looks a bit of rust in the picture.

MAXIBOY
25-03-2009, 19:41
maybe even less..

seen a few around the 1500/2000

that minus the damaged 950 and the fact loads won't want the work..

might be difficult to shift..

Wobba
25-03-2009, 22:59
I don't think the damage is that bad...dent repairs can do amazing stuff nowadays. If it were me I'd have it repaired and keep it.

Jamie.
25-03-2009, 23:31
I think repairing it is a must whether you keep it or sell it.

schakal
26-03-2009, 00:09
where abouts are you located mate ??
might help you get it repaired cheap if you are local to
me . otherwise give me a shout if you are selling it .

drsmith1979
26-03-2009, 19:11
worth more in parts probably, if you have the time i'd potentially try to sell the major components, engine, box, loom ecu etc.. wheels and see where that stands you...

Would be a shame to kill a willy 1, but if its money you are after, it may be the only way to go... or sell it to someone on here cheap and they'll strip it for you and maybe split some of the profits?

MAXIBOY
26-03-2009, 19:22
should be repaired

but as above if someone wants to buy it repair sell on at a profit you might not see good money..