PDA

View Full Version : Quickshift - what makes it quick ??

Evogone
23-03-2009, 12:50
Im trying to get all the play out my gearchange but dont want to reduce the travel of the shift as its OK for me.

My thought was that the B&M or BBP lever just takes the slop out the bushes as it like a rose joint but the actual reduction in travel is the other piece that fits to the linkage at the gearbox end ?

Am i right as im going to fit solid engine mounts to the rally car and want 0 play in the lever but dont want the problem with the reduced shift ?

Am i corrent and where can i get the gear leaver bit from ?

geesus
23-03-2009, 14:24
not sure on the B&M etc but the one on ebay in your other link is the same as what i have

im sure its the pivot point along the full length of the gear lever that is changed thus giving it a shorter throw, the bit on the gearbox end is to further reduce the throw

so in response, im not sure how you would reduce the play but maintain the same throw, maybe look into that bush/bearing G&G motorsport do?

http://www.gg-motorsport.homepage.t-online.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=95_25_28_48&products_id=86

Coops
23-03-2009, 15:51
its 2 part mate, both bits make it shorted, the lever itself and the piece in the box

Evogone
23-03-2009, 16:27
Im guessing you can just fit the gear lever bit which should take the slop knuckle joint in the leaver which is the main problem.

geesus
23-03-2009, 16:52
yes thats what ive done

makes it alot more precise, quite a bit shorter though too which might not be good for you?

btw dont be surprised if you need to spend a bit of time adjusting it once fitted so you can get every gear, few of us have had he same problem, all works out in the end though.

Evogone
23-03-2009, 17:31
MMmm thats my current problem when heavy breaking in the rallycar it doesnt want to go into 2nd gear, up the box is fine.

Going to tit some extra mounts and an uprated version on coops dogbone (got some HD rosejoints).

Combined with the new lever should be little if no play.

geesus
23-03-2009, 17:35
will definately be good to see how the quick shift works under race conditions

but even though i have one i think you will have some trouble finding gears fast, but theres only one way to find out for sure

geesus
23-03-2009, 17:37
btw have you checked how much play there is in the gear lever to selection rod (the long one under the car, dont know its proper name lol)

that bush there can be very sloppy, maybe try fitting a nylon one to reduce sideways movement?

geesus
23-03-2009, 17:41
lmao four replies in a row

this bush here, if you can maybe get one of them on its own it might help reduce the movement but keep the standard throw

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/geesus69/clio/Photo0060.jpg

jay s
23-03-2009, 18:02
ive got the same kit that most others have got ( same as your ebay link ) and with a powerflex dogbone my gearstick is solid as a rock, can lift off at 7k and the stick wont move a mm, gear change is also very positive, feels very tight :D the kit also comes with the shorter arm that connects to the box end but i found it to short for day to day driving ( as well as making the throw even shorter it also makes the H section closer together ) maybe fine on a track car just was'nt for me.

Yanoo_
24-03-2009, 19:31
Evogone, use the Stiff Shift with tightened gearstick ball, as it is described in its assembly guide.
Or wait about a month and the Stiff Shift 2.0 will be ready. It will come with adjustable "shift force"! You will be able to increase/decrease the tightening of the ball joint (and the shift force) from the driver seat!
http://www.fw.hu/yanooka/ss_2.jpg

Or visit my website: www.dp-automotive.hu for other Renault related developments.