PDA

View Full Version : Williams 1 - Price?

NorthernAlex
17-03-2009, 00:56
Hi,

Apologies if this is the wrong area but looking for some advice.

After four months of my Williams 1 being sat on the drive I have decided it's time to sell. Just before Christmas someone went into the back passenger side quarter (right on the wheel arch) causing what has been quoted as £650 damage (£950 main dealer) but as I have got another car in the meantime I cant justify keeping it.

Anyway onto my reason for posting, what would be the best way to sell and what sort of price should I be asking? The car itself has done 90k and I have had it five years, its MOT's until June and would say that prior to its accident all it needed was a rear bumper (has some scratches) and the rear arches doing and also around the petrol cap (inside bit under the cover) ironically to fix it one arch would need to be done anyway.

The allows are refusbished and mint, the body work including bonnet is all good and is a perfect starter everytime, the interior also is very good and just needs a decent head unit. Only other things I can think of is the central locking doesnt work and nor does the internal light and the rear wiper needs a new motor and cover.

Any help/advice appreciated.

MAXIBOY
17-03-2009, 01:02
can you post pics of the damage mate

would help us value it..

NorthernAlex
17-03-2009, 01:08
Yeh of course, am going to take some general pictures of the car tomorrow, including damage and post them on here.

Forgot to add I have spent around £3k on a full respray and work to the body about two years ago and its had cambelt done about 6k ago.

Coops
17-03-2009, 07:32
2 year old respray at a cost of 3k and it needed arches and petrol cap doing again already :shock:

as neil says mate, pictures of the car and damage will help no end, but unfortunately with market like it is its likely the most cost effective way of re-couping some cash will be to, dare i say it, break it for spares :(

NorthernAlex
17-03-2009, 08:06
Ive been nudged by the other half and it was more like four and half years :oops:

The respray wasnt the full 3k this was including new bonnet, drivers door and various other bits and pieces to the bodywork.

I think the dreaded ebay awaits :?

northy
17-03-2009, 20:30
what number is the car mate ?

NorthernAlex
17-03-2009, 23:16
what number is the car mate ?

Its number 134

MikeTCB
18-03-2009, 13:21
Its number 134

Looking forward to seeing some pics - mine is 135 :)

NorthernAlex
18-03-2009, 23:47
Its number 134

Looking forward to seeing some pics - mine is 135 :)
Hi I will get some pics of the car over the weekend showing what damage there is and once i've washed it etc

northy
19-03-2009, 21:31
cars vary alot - good ones and i mean real good ones fetch alot of money if you can afford it. And should be looked after accordingly.

Every day cars can be had for aslittle as 1k but will need work. Buy a good one and you will save over buying a cheap one in bills.

I would budget 3k - 4k on a williams. If you want one or a three let me know

NorthernAlex
19-03-2009, 22:16
Hi
As promised here are some pics of the car after someone driving into the side of me. If anybody has any idea on how much I should be looking to sell for please let me know.

Thanks

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/jenny_stone/DSC01122.jpg

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj303/jenny_stone/DSC01119.jpg

katbloke
19-03-2009, 22:43
looks like a good excuse to get the inner arches sorted