PDA

View Full Version : Valver price

debottomley
04-07-2005, 20:58
Right people, my valver is going to be up for sale at the end of the month and im after opinions of what im asking for the car.

1996 N reg
1800 16v etc...
Williams blue

ENGINE:
86,000 Full Renault service history including cambelt and tensioners (£450 bill)
Serviced three times since ownership (78k-ish) at AA service centre including new thermostat and three oil changes. New fuel filter.
New rear wheel bearings and rear disc and pads
Renault battery (brand new)
Standard airbox

Mongoose SS system including de-cat pipe (£300 receipts)

SUSPENSION:
Full Spax VSX uprated dampers and springs (£250ish receipt)
Williams track using EIBACH hub centric spacers (30mm axle spacing)
worth £65+ a pair

BODYWORK:
Williams monaco blue
Morette headlight conversion (worth £300+ new) very rare
Prima rear spolier (have an original spoiler never fitted)
Polished and cherished weekly.
Smoked side repeaters.

SUNROOF NEVER LEAKED EVER!!

WHEELS:
Standard valver wheels average condition
TOYO Proxie T1 tyre all round nearly new tread all round
Locking wheel nuts

INTERIOR:
Soon to have a full re-trim in black leather (receipt of £1300 to prove)
Williams steering wheel (still have airbag original)
Lockwood white dials
Brand new gear knob, standard valver one (£25!!!!)
Original stereo in brilliant condition

Then all 16v credentials such as PAS steering, airbag, electric sunroof, windows and mirrors.
This car has been cared for by an enthusiast and the only reason for sale is the insurance will end in august and im purchasinga 200sx turbo.

BAD POINTS
Offside arch has bubbled with rust and needs a new arch, id rather not have a half hearted repair just to sell on.
Other bad points the odd tiny scratch and tiny door dents. Typical of a 16v and williams.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/debottomley/Pic489.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/debottomley/Pic313.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/debottomley/Pic363.jpg

Im after £2700.

I know you can get williams cheap but im after opinions on the price for this car not comparing to other car prices.
Northy has been around the car and has commented on the fact that there is minimal rust anywhere. Cheers for that mate.

Thanks very much.

KingStromba
04-07-2005, 21:01
Dont worry about Williams prices. Cheap Williams tend to be nails. If the car is nice, hold out for a higher price.

Dont sell it cheap as youll regret it if its in very good condition. But for £2700, id expect a very nice car. Id also expect it spotlessly clean if i came to see it, so remember to get your bucket and sponge out.

debottomley
04-07-2005, 21:04
Northy said to aim for £3000 grand but id be very happy with £2700.

Its of the road in august so it will be the cleanist thing alive.

GARAGED EVERY NIGHT

YEARS MOT

Martin
04-07-2005, 21:38
tbh you can pick up a clean 2.0 hybrid for that price...even the cleanest valvers have been going low just over 2k. good luck with the sale though...

Swervin_Mervin
04-07-2005, 22:14
I suspect you'll struggle to get over £2k mate. Condition doesn't really affect valver prices that much. The Kirmanators mint example eventually went for £2k which was much less than he hoped for and his really was absolutely spotless and virtually new mechanically.

I'd test the water at 2700 and then go from there.

big hp
05-07-2005, 08:17
I sold my mint nalpes valver about 3 months ago, 83k frsh, trick bits on it etc and I got £2300 and I think thats about as much as you can get for a valver. put it up for £2600 like i did and accept offers. First person to see it bought it.

GazTwo
05-07-2005, 12:02
Yep got to agree FSH etc...doesn't seem to matter to people on Valvers there just after a cheap car no matter what the condition hence why a lot of the good ones aren't fetching much if anything over 2k.....I've tried to sell the Valver twice now and just get silly offers.....it's standard, FSH, MOT's back to 95, low mileage the lot and buyers just aren't interested.

Willy's under 3k are either dog's or have a patchy history unless u come across a bargain.

U'd think u would get good money for Valvers due to the difference in insurance group for a Williams but people must opt for a different car all together.

Prices are mad atm Valvers, 172's etc are coming down fast yet Williams are edging back up.... :D

Jamie.
05-07-2005, 13:11
i would pay 2.5k for the mintest of mint. i dont think ppl can really value or say what they are going to pay for a car unless they are in the situation. i know when i was looking at willy's i was prepared to pay over the odds....and if someone wanted a valver that badly and thought urs was mint then they might. although enthuisiasts like that are few and far between (wanting a car that badly to pay over the odds).

debottomley
06-07-2005, 20:18
Cheers people.

Im thinking put it up for £2700 then take offers closet to that.
Need as much as possible to fund the 200!!!

will be up on cars for sale end of month so we will see....